Why are almost no mods there?

Started by pepf, December 06, 2020, 06:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepf

Under Download Packages in the Package Manager (2.0.17) there are suddenly left only 11 downloadable mods. There used to be hundreds. Why?

Shambles

There are hundreds of mods, just not all are listed under package manager. Search the mod site if there's something you need.

shadav

SALocalcom

I find it easier to search for mods with my browser, then when I carefully read and find the ones I want, I download them to a folder in my computer.  Then I upload and install them from there.

pepf

Thanks for answering.
I use both the internet and the links in the Package Manager for searching for mods. That is why it is a bit inconvenient when the links are gone.
There could be at least links to the mod sites when it is not possible anymore to search and download at the same place.

Now it is also not possible to add links to a mod site there, which was possible before. The links do not point there, but some unfinished list of a couple of mods appears after some page blinking.
Obviously there is something amiss.

KittyGalore

Quote from: pepf on December 06, 2020, 06:15:09 AM
Under Download Packages in the Package Manager (2.0.17) there are suddenly left only 11 downloadable mods. There used to be hundreds. Why?
You mean this yes there was thousands and thousands in there before i haven't been in this section for a while but don't understand why only 11 is all that's available now.
SMF Curve 2.0x

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

efk

When I saw for the 1st time Package manager, I used to search through that lists, but then I realized how that is just a wasting of time and stupid. So use this https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/ like every normal smf member.
This is my point of view and I believe most of users will agree with me about this.

KittyGalore

SMF Curve 2.0x

pepf

Advertisement: