News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

All Post delete of a member

Started by sirfpsycho, December 09, 2020, 10:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirfpsycho

Hello, I have made an admin and given him permission  "Delete other user's accounts"
but he has no option of
Remove posts made by this member: All Post

only Delete this member's account option is showing. How can I give permission to remove all posts of a member?

Kindred

does he also have the permissions to delete posts and topics by others?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sirfpsycho

yes    Delete a post made by anyone, Remove anyone's topic these both are marked.

landyvlad

When you say Admin do you actually mean that or global mod with a customised profile?

Admins by default have all permissions to do everything.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

sirfpsycho

I have made a group with Protected, Use Unique Permission and added mod access.

sirfpsycho

Steve

Quote from: sirfpsycho on December 10, 2020, 09:36:04 AMI have made a group with Protected, Use Unique Permission and added mod access.

I'm not sure I understand. Did you make an admin group or a mod group with some admin capabilities?
DO NOT pm me for support!

landyvlad

Quote from: sirfpsycho on December 09, 2020, 10:09:37 AM
How can I give permission to remove all posts of a member?

Also before you do that you may wish to consider whether that's wise or necessary.
Anyone leaving a forum can request to have their profile removed as its most likely to contain, or be linked to, personal identifying information.  There is no requirement under GDPR or anything similar to remove the posts of the person.

Unless all they have ever posted is rubbish,  then you are also removing the valuable posts they have made - and a lot of threads mauy no longer make sense if they were a frequent poster.

I put to you that if you aren't planning on giving someone FULL admin privileges, then you shouldn't give them the ability to do this at all. You either trust them, or you don't.    Just my $0.02
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Steve

sirfpsycho

Quote from: Steve on December 14, 2020, 06:50:53 PM
Quote from: sirfpsycho on December 10, 2020, 09:36:04 AMI have made a group with Protected, Use Unique Permission and added mod access.

I'm not sure I understand. Did you make an admin group or a mod group with some admin capabilities?

I did not make him administrator. I made a group and given them rights of admin or moderator. I can not make administrator due to security reasons. Actually some of the users register and they post 50-60 posts full of spam and links. That is why I want to give permission for my staffs to delete all posts so that they can delete their entire posts.

sirfpsycho

Quote from: landyvlad on December 16, 2020, 10:17:13 PM
Quote from: sirfpsycho on December 09, 2020, 10:09:37 AM
How can I give permission to remove all posts of a member?

Also before you do that you may wish to consider whether that's wise or necessary.
Anyone leaving a forum can request to have their profile removed as its most likely to contain, or be linked to, personal identifying information.  There is no requirement under GDPR or anything similar to remove the posts of the person.

Unless all they have ever posted is rubbish,  then you are also removing the valuable posts they have made - and a lot of threads mauy no longer make sense if they were a frequent poster.

I put to you that if you aren't planning on giving someone FULL admin privileges, then you shouldn't give them the ability to do this at all. You either trust them, or you don't.    Just my $0.02
I trust the user that is why I want to give delete all post option but he is not well to deal with technical options that is why I don't want to make him administrator. If he touches the some functions then my forum will be messed up. Actually some of the users register and they post 50-60 posts full of spam and links. That is why I want to give permission for my staffs to delete all posts so that they can delete their entire posts.

Kindred

Well, why don't you fix the spam problem instead of patching by dealing with it afterwards.
Stop the spammers from registering and posting in the first place
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sirfpsycho

Quote from: Kindred on January 16, 2021, 09:47:48 PM
Well, why don't you fix the spam problem instead of patching by dealing with it afterwards.
Stop the spammers from registering and posting in the first place

can you please tell me how can I put delay 24 hours for posting after registration ?

Steve

Look at the second paragraph in efk's link. That should take your incoming spam problem to virtually zero.

sirfpsycho

Quote from: Steve on January 17, 2021, 07:56:45 AM
Look at the second paragraph in efk's link. That should take your incoming spam problem to virtually zero.

I am using google recaptcha already. But still getting some of the user who posts. Can their bot bypass google recaptcha?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yeah, basic captcha is (almost) useless, recaptcha is better but doesn't stop them either. Security questions, if done well, are a lot better.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Steve

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 17, 2021, 08:06:36 AMSecurity questions, if done well, are a lot better.

Trust us on this sirfpsycho. This is the way to go. :)

Kindred

Also, if you have tamarack, they can bypass the registration protections
Слaва
Украинi

sirfpsycho

Quote from: Kindred on January 17, 2021, 09:46:56 PM
Also, if you have tamarack, they can bypass the registration protections
what is tamarack?

Advertisement: