News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Adobe flash player EOL

Started by noquiexis, December 17, 2020, 02:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noquiexis

Other than legacy posts that use the [flash]http://some text here[/flash] tags, will the Adobe flash player End Of Life affect some SMF 2.0.x versions? A website that I visit uses SMF 2.0 RC5 (not recommended). <-- I argued 'til I was blue in the face that they upgrade.

::) ??? ::)
"To me the meanest flower that blows can give
 Thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."

William Wordsworth

Kindred

SMF does not use flash in any way.

that site, however is just asking to be hacked and/or crash when the host upgrades php. They are 17 versions behind.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: noquiexis on December 17, 2020, 02:28:00 PM
A website that I visit uses SMF 2.0 RC5 (not recommended). <-- I argued 'til I was blue in the face that they upgrade.
You did good. No reason to stick on a release candidate after 2.0 has already been patched many times after it's actual release.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

noquiexis

Many thanks! I did post a link on that forum back to this conversation. *Maybe* the website owner will think about the upgrade. Maybe ...

::) ::) ::)
"To me the meanest flower that blows can give
 Thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."

William Wordsworth

Advertisement: