News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upgrade fail on large forum RC1 to RC3

Started by chadon, December 18, 2020, 09:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albertlast

chadon

No, I was hoping to get answers to my questions but I don't need them anymore. I discovered the damages were worse than what I thought so I'll restore the database and restart the upgrade all over today.
I was browsing the forum and noticed that non of the attachments posted since January 2020 could accessed from the topics. It affected all subdirectories in the 2020 directory, not only the ones with files missing.
I will let you know if I succeed... and if I fail.  :D

shawnb61

Dont forget to:
- add the json_done entry
- change the length of password_salt

BEFORE starting the upgrader.

If any issues whatsoever, consider using the CLI for better error reporting.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

chadon

Yes it's done.

The upgrader has been going for 4h but 3h where the wait to see what would happen if I didn't click on the link "try again". Nothing.  ;D

What is CLI? I'm no good with abbreviations.

Illori

albertlast

normaly some of the upgrade steps should be internaly skipped when you already on rc release,
so would be nice to know which step take so long in your setup.

shawnb61

You can find some info on running via the CLI on the wiki, here:
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

It's much better at reporting errors.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

chadon

From memory, the longest ones were the database steps, the cleaning up of the indexes and utf8.

Anyways, it went all the way after many hours and the forum is now open since about an hour and working very good. I keep my fingers crossed.

shawnb61

chadon

Yes, it looks all good in the ACP and in all the topics I have seen.

Thank you very much Shawn for your help and your patience.  :)

Advertisement: