News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

user menu not working

Started by shadav, December 29, 2020, 04:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

I think rocket-loader.js is a cloudflare thing, & it appears to be interfering with SMF's javascript.

I suspect that - at the least - you need to find a way to disable rocket-loader...   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shadav

oh for the love of bejesus....
yep that was it...turned it off in cloudflare and now it's working

shawnb61

That's actually very good to know....
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That it is. I guess we can call this a "known issue" for now then.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

shadav

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 31, 2020, 12:52:51 AM
That it is. I guess we can call this a "known issue" for now then.

yep good to know,...so users using 2.1.x and cloudflare, need to go to their cloudflare and go into the speed settings and then the optimization settings and turn off Rocket Loader™

albertlast

shawnb61

Quote from: albertlast on December 31, 2020, 05:14:44 AM
maybe some csp issues?

No.  That product (rocket-loader) literally intercepts the requests from your browser, and rearranges & merges the responses.  For most sites, apparently, resulting in a dramatic decrease in page load time:
https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/60276/how-does-cloudflares-rocket-loader-actually-work-and-how-can-a-developer-ensur

But you have little control over sequence of execution.  This causes havoc with some sites, e.g. a quick search reveals WordPress has issues with it.

They do provide tags so you can execute some control:
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200169436-How-can-I-have-Rocket-Loader-ignore-specific-JavaScripts-

E.g., lots of threads out there share fixes for the WP problems.

If we could isolate the issues, providing support for it might provide a real performance boost (for CloudFlare users).  I bet the fix is simple.  But we'd need a CF environment to debug/test.

movierchives

Quote from: shawnb61 on December 30, 2020, 04:46:23 PMI think rocket-loader.js is a cloudflare thing, & it appears to be interfering with SMF's javascript.

I suspect that - at the least - you need to find a way to disable rocket-loader...
I'm sorry to bring up an old thread however I've just upgraded to SMF 2.1.1 and had the same issue and disabling 'rocket-loader' in Cloudlfare fixed it so thought I'd share in case others have this problem, could solve a lot of headache's, thanks hawnb61

Advertisement: