Chrome denies access due to security issues

Started by sadrockinghorse, January 01, 2021, 05:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sadrockinghorse

ver: 1.1.13
link: www. hxxp:roxfort.frpg.hu/index.php [nonactive]

Hi Everyone,

First of all, excuse me if this topic has been discussed before, I don't seem to find anything yet and this is my first time here, so please bear with me.

We have a site where we are using SMF 1.1.13. Now as of today, Chrome denies access to the page due to security issues (NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID).
Normally this could be bypassed but this time it blocks access entirely.

We were thinking about an upgrade earlier but after trying it out on a test site there were several serious issues with the current template which we couldn't manage to overcome at the time.
I'm interested in solving the certificate problem for 1.1.13 if possible and would appreciate your advice in the matter.
Is there a way to overcome this with the current version?

In case we do need an update to 2.0 instead, will it solve the issue with chrome and the certificate? Or is this something that should be handled server-side?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You definitely need to update. You are a whole lot behind the times.
But that's not really truly the reason for Chrome's antics - Your SSL certificate isn't valid, and Chrome blocks it because of that.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

sadrockinghorse

Thank you for your support, we've managed to solve the certificate issue and now it works!
We'll definitely look into the upgrade soon.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You really, really should. You are missing out on a lot of security updates too.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: