News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Need your help with WYSIWYG Issue .

Started by Satoshin, January 04, 2021, 03:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satoshin

Hi ,

I need your help with this issue ,

When I copy and paste an article with picture on editor then I find it good ; and after publishing the topic it becomes like what you see. in this picture ( Preview)

Mick.

I'm not sure how you're doing it but it shouldn't have 2 different bbc tags.

I mean, make sure the opening and closing tags are the same.

[size][/size]

[color][/color]

Satoshin

Quote from: Mick. on January 04, 2021, 03:50:17 PM
I'm not sure how you're doing it but it shouldn't have 2 different bbc tags.

I mean, make sure the opening and closing tags are the same.

[size][/size]

[color][/color]

Hi Mick ,

Thank you for your reply ,

Actually I didn't open any tag or use tag in the article ; it was just a copy and paste test from another website but after pressing the preview button I got What you see in the picture , The article posted on the editor looks good but once you click publish I got what you see above.

Mick.

I dont remember last time I used the preview. What happens when you turn off the wysiwyg in admin? Mines turned off.

Satoshin

Quote from: Mick. on January 04, 2021, 04:02:21 PM
I dont remember last time I used the preview. What happens when you turn off the wysiwyg in admin? Mines turned off.

WYSIWYG works fine but the editor has a problem or something like that.

Forum just installed

Satoshin

Mick.

Mick.

It shouldnt be like that

[/size][/color]

Should be
[size][/size]
[color][/color]

My guess is, where ever you're copying this from, they got it wrong.

shadav

not sure of a fix but that is common, even outside of smf....
it's because the text that you copied is formatted so the wysiwyg is trying to "reformat" it but can't because it's stupid  :laugh:

Satoshin

Quote from: Mick. on January 04, 2021, 04:07:47 PM
Turn it off and test again

Here is what happened ; Copy/Paste but just clear text

Satoshin

Quote from: shadav on January 04, 2021, 04:12:21 PM
not sure of a fix but that is common, even outside of smf....
it's because the text that you copied is formatted so the wysiwyg is trying to "reformat" it but can't because it's stupid  :laugh:

Thank you

Satoshin

Here is the link from I copy that text :
[/size]hxxp:community.binance.org/topic/860/12-things-you-should-know-about-idos [nonactive]
[/size]I did the same test here and got the same result ..Weird

Satoshin

shadav

sorry but....you're pretty much sol

you can either not use wysiwyg and then go through and format the post how you like

or you can use wysiwyg and know that it is buggy and doesn't work correctly.....
unfortunately (if you search wysiwyg in the forums) it's not really fixable and well it's a pos and pita

2.1 has a completely different editor in it so there's that but as for 2.0 it's just janky and can't really be fixed and unfortunately no other alternatives that I have found

Mick.

If you copy and paste from another website, well, you'll end up modifying your post.

GigaWatt

@Satoshin: WYSIWYG in 2.0.x is buggy. That's why 2.1 uses an open source one (so that the SMF devs can concentrate on more important things, not on reinventing the wheel).

Just don't use the WYSIWYG editor or use a custom WYSIWYG editor (from a mod). I think there was a paid one... believe it was vbgamer's mod.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: