Help with Bots

Started by Satoshin, January 13, 2021, 04:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satoshin

Hi Folks,

I Need your help with the SMF version 2.0.17 . I have installed the mod for Re-captcha to avoid Spam Bots ,
Everything was fine but I don't know how they bypass the registration captcha (lol).

I have seen re-captcha used on topic page I mean ( hxxp:prnt.sc/wmwtgb [nonactive] ) Any idea on how can. I do it ?

My second request please is how can I get the footer with statistics like the one used on this forum (screenshot shot : hxxp:prnt.sc/wmwrgg [nonactive] )

is there any Mod for this ?

Thank you in advance for help .

GigaWatt

Quote from: Satoshin on January 13, 2021, 04:35:27 PM
I have seen re-captcha used on topic page I mean ( prnt.sc/wmwtgb ) Any idea on how can. I do it ?

There is an option in SMF to show captcha when posting for the first X posts (it's configurable).

Quote from: Satoshin on January 13, 2021, 04:35:27 PM
My second request please is how can I get the footer with statistics like the one used on this forum (screenshot shot : prnt.sc/wmwrgg )

The second image doesn't open due to a current problem with the attachments here on SMF, should be fixed shortly ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Kindred

Captcha is basically useless at this point.  Even reCaptcha is only decent.

The best prevention method is a good set of QUESTIONS. write 20-30 questions and set it to ask two during registration.   Have not had a single bot get through in years.

one other question...  are you running tapatalk?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

for the info center go to your admin and then go to configuration then Current Theme

Number of recent posts to display on board index:
make sure you put a number here otherwise it won't display any recent posts in the info center

Show statistics on board index
check this box if you want statistics to be displayed in info center

Show latest member on board index
check this box if you want the latest member displayed in the info center

Show group key on board index
check this box if you want the group key displayed in the info center

Show who is viewing the board index and posts
you can set this to don't show, show only numbers, or show member names

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

efk

GigaWatt

Quote from: efk on January 15, 2021, 09:43:11 PM
Based on a10 idea, I made improved total control version which 99-100% works also for real humans https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=575212.msg4070909#msg4070909

Oh, that is nice :). I would implement it if I had a bot problem, but since there are very few active members on my forum now (like 10... tops :(), there is really no need IMO ;). I mean, we all know each other (some even in RL :)), we all know the way we post, so bots/spammers are pretty easy to spot ;). As for disrespectful or spamming members... once again, we don't have many of those nowadays :P :D. I'm actually hoping someone like that registers, just to stir things up a bit ;D ;D ;D.

Good ideas though ;). I'm definitely keeping the post in my bookmarks ;).

Advertisement: