News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Can't download SMF?

Started by jkrlvgn, January 13, 2021, 04:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkrlvgn

I didn't scour the forum, but every time I attempt to download SMF (either version, full install), I get a message that the source file is not found.
I've tried multiple browsers, multiple computers, same results.
Did I miss something with a maintenance?

GigaWatt

No, apparently there's some sort of a problem... probably server side, but let's wait for an official response from the team. Same thing is happening with attachments on the forum :-\.

Meanwhile, you can download it from here ;).

https://web.archive.org/web/20201022205613/https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php/smf_2-0-17_install.zip
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

vbgamer45

I believe it is a known issue being looked into. Fails for me as well in Firefox, Chrome
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

GigaWatt

Hmm ???... and for some reason, it's working again ???.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

GigaWatt

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 13, 2021, 04:44:45 PM
I believe it is a known issue being looked into. Fails for me as well in Firefox, Chrome

Yeah, but it didn't fail in Linux and Pale Moon ???. Tried it like an hour ago.

jkrlvgn

Ok.  Thanks for the alternate link -- I used to have a copy of it on a flash drive, but for the life of me I couldn't find it.

It still fails for me in Windows, under Firefox and Chrome.

I appreciate the quick replies, though!  Hopefully it's something easily resolved.

GigaWatt

Quote from: jkrlvgn on January 13, 2021, 04:48:03 PM
I appreciate the quick replies, though!  Hopefully it's something easily resolved.

Looks like it's resolved now ;). Seems like someone was working while we were moaning :P ;D.

jkrlvgn

Nice!  Marking as resolved!

SleePy

This should be fixed up now.

Thank you!
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: