News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upgrade from Github

Started by Goha, January 12, 2021, 05:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goha

Do I understand correctly that the structure is changed a bit? I see the other folder where settings.php is sitting now. So, should I copy this folder to the server too and move my actual setting.php into the other folder?

Kindred

No..    the other way around
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Actually, I think the settings.php is in the "Other" folder because it is not necessarily needed in case you are simply updating an existing 2.1 installation. Your existing settings.php should be enough, and doesn't need to be overwritten with a blank default file. Of course, there may be changes to that file too, so checking the changes isn't a bad idea.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

The "other" folder contains all of the install AND upgrade files...  when we build the actual release, we build two different constructs -- but the github version has both sets ina sub folder- expecting the admin to know which ones they need.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: