Cheese-Burger

Topic you have posted in
Normal Topic
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)    Locked Topic
Sticky Topic
Poll

..............These.

Iv`e done a theme for someone, but the background is very dark and these bits don`t show up too well at all. I want to keep the rest of the text colours, but be able to change only this part. Is it hard codes somewhere, or am i just stuck with it?
Hate code. Love burgers

xenovanis

It's using smalltext class. If you change the fontcolor for this class, it will change the color for all smalltext parts. You'd better create a new class for it and apply this class to the code in MessageIndex.template.php.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Cheese-Burger

Holy Cow  :o

That sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond my capabilities :-[
Hate code. Love burgers

1MileCrash

it's totally not.

breakdown time:

that text is in a tag with class="smalltext". so it may be like <span style="smalltext">words.</span>.

the class for smalltext looks like this. (default theme) (we''re in style.css btw)

.smalltext
{
   font-size: x-small;
   font-family: tahoma, sans-serif;
}

all you need to do is copy that, and paste it at the bottom of style.css, and rename it. so it may look like this. (notice the new name)

.smalltext2
{
}

then you just add a color attribute to it.

.smalltext2
{
   color: #******;
}

now, all you have to do is open messageindex.template.php, find the <tr> for that text, and wherever you see class="smalltext", replace it with class="smalltext2". then it will abide by your color attribute.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Cheese-Burger

Tipp, you`re a champ ;) i owe you one.

I`m a bit wasted now, but i`ll try it in the morning.
Hate code. Love burgers

Cheese-Burger

;D Worked like a charm (once i got the spelling of "color" right). Thanks again Tipp.
Hate code. Love burgers

Advertisement: