News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Welcomes Lex as The New Project Manager

Started by Irisado, January 17, 2021, 03:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pause

"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

shawnb61

Congrats, Lex! 

And a heartfelt thank you, Illori, for many years of service & guidance as PM.

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

AllanD

Thank you Illori for all the work you have done and congrats to Lex, you'll be great.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

SilverKnight

Congratulations, thank you Illori for your hard work and other team members over the years.

Kustomuk

Congrat`s to both of you for helping to create the best forum software to date,

Thumbs up from me!

:D

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GravuTrad

All is great. Two good managers. Excellent continuity.
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

showngo

Congratulations to both of you.
Without this entire operation, people like me would be in the dark and running a bulletin board.

Beelzeboss

Many thanks to Illori for the hard work and congrats to Lex for the new position!

HostDash

Congratulations to you both! All the best in your new role :)

-Rock Lee-

I feel lost in time :P congratulations lex :D ... I hope I don't have another jump in time haha
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

JudeEngbretson

Awesome - Thank you both!  You're much appreciated

Pyrhel

Where can we find more what's the role of the PM here?
With this position rook, will the regular users, like me, see any change, like speedup development?

ModelBoatMayhem

Congrats 'n all that!
What projects are planned for SMF?  🙂
That's my firm opinion.... but what do I know?!

Mike66

Great stuff, thanks both of you and to all the team  8)

In this world of crazy social media and all that it brings with it ..... SMF really is something special and we don't say thank you often enough!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Pyrhel on May 12, 2021, 02:59:27 AM
Where can we find more what's the role of the PM here?
With this position rook, will the regular users, like me, see any change, like speedup development?
The PM role is greatly an overseer and arbitrator role - Not so much a director role.

Quote from: ModelBoatMayhem on May 12, 2021, 04:01:50 AM
Congrats 'n all that!
What projects are planned for SMF?  🙂
SMF has plans for a 2.1 release in the future, also some smaller projects are ongoing that are dependent on that 2.1.
SMF in itself is a project though, so the greatest plan is to continue I guess :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Steve

Quote from: Pyrhel on May 12, 2021, 02:59:27 AMWith this position rook, will the regular users, like me, see any change, like speedup development?

Uh, no. Being a member here for ten years you should already know SMF is developed and supported by volunteers working in their free time, which most team members don't have a lot of.
DO NOT pm me for support!

simple person

Wow, Aleksi, congrats!!

I think I have been following this forum and using SMF longer during Illori's "reign", so have to thank you :)

I can't even image how much time you have to use for SMF, since only running a couple of forums for me is already a huge volunteer work.
Really appreciate what you do.

Advertisement: