News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Database error

Started by Roland Horn, January 18, 2021, 07:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Horn

Hello everyone, I don't even know what's going on. I just wanted to deactivate the error notifications, suddenly this error came up on the start page:

array(7) {
  • => array(3) { ["file"]=> string(51) "/mnt/web505/c2/50/511097350/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php" ["line"]=> int(5296) ["function"]=> string(9) "log_error" } [1]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(51) "/mnt/web505/c2/50/511097350/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php" ["line"]=> int(5063) ["function"]=> string(11) "call_helper" } [2]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(51) "/mnt/web505/c2/50/511097350/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php" ["line"]=> int(4867) ["function"]=> string(21) "call_integration_hook" } [3]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(51) "/mnt/web505/c2/50/511097350/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php" ["line"]=> int(3696) ["function"]=> string(16) "setupMenuContext" } [4]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(51) "/mnt/web505/c2/50/511097350/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php" ["line"]=> int(3853) ["function"]=> string(17) "setupThemeContext" } [5]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(51) "/mnt/web505/c2/50/511097350/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php" ["line"]=> int(3473) ["function"]=> string(15) "template_header" } [6]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(44) "/mnt/web505/c2/50/511097350/htdocs/index.php" ["line"]=> int(176) ["function"]=> string(6) "obExit" } } Error loop.

Can someone help me please? Many Thanks!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What exactly did you do to deactivate the notifications?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Roland Horn

I only has deactivadet the error messages, after reload the forums wasnt available for the users, I have only access to few sites in the administrator panel.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you are using the built in file based caching, try emptying the cache as the first thing.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Roland Horn

No success. hxxp:boxenfunk.net/ [nonactive]

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The setting "Enable error logging" works fine for my test install. Was that all you did?
Your link only shows a message "Wir sind bald wieder da." so that's not much of help right now.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Roland Horn

I always got errors to the right of the admin link above without any consequences, if you click on it you get the option to deactivate the settings of the message, I did that and immediately afterwards I was routed back to the page with the error. I'm sorry that I have now routed you to the pseudo maintenance page, hxxp:boxenfunk.net/index.php [nonactive] is correct

Roland Horn

In the meantime, as an emergency solution, I've also tried to re-import SMF, which of course works, and then simply re-imported the database. but then the error comes back.

Shambles

What happened to SMF's Copyright section? Seems to be hidden...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Shambles on January 18, 2021, 08:18:11 AM
What happened to SMF's Copyright section? Seems to be hidden...
Yeah, that's not nice - Seems to be removed from the index.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Roland Horn

no no no friends, i tried things out on x in four days and that is an expiremental backup and after i'm awake 22 hours i just have to go to bed, you very much, that at this tempate the smf logo is in the header. but i had the night shift and i am finished.

I found the error and I hope it doesn't happen to you: never deactivate the error log. you are welcome to test it, maybe the fault is in my settings. if the error should occur you can still go to the admin menu.

sorry that it looks so stupid now, but what you really are playing games of a half-dead man. thank you very much!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 18, 2021, 07:49:08 AM
The setting "Enable error logging" works fine for my test install.
I did try, even before you suggested, so something is amiss.

Quote from: Roland Horn on January 18, 2021, 08:46:59 AM
no no no friends, i tried things out on x in four days and that is an expiremental backup and after i'm awake 22 hours i just have to go to bed, you very much, that at this tempate the smf logo is in the header. but i had the night shift and i am finished.
You are allowed to remove the copyright, as you have - But we also reserve the right to deny support from sites that do that.
The copyright section in the footer, is the more important detail from our view - you can just remove the top logo if you want, and we'll still be happy if you kept the footer intact.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: