News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Forum software vs Database

Started by showngo, January 21, 2021, 04:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Just got on, will take a look.  What is mediaprocache.php?  It's in /cache and contains a lot of external links.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

showngo

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 23, 2021, 03:18:14 PM
Just got on, will take a look.  What is mediaprocache.php?  It's in /cache and contains a lot of external links.

Brand-new install on a new server.

No freaking clue

Sir Osis of Liver

Forum url is correct.  I'm not having any problems logging in, posting, pming - everything works normally.  Cleared forum cache, it fills up quickly due to activity, but doesn't look like a caching problem.  Will do clean install in different directory, connect to db, see how it runs.  Would help if I could replicate any of these problems.

- R. Waters

Dzonny

Well, when I tried to open your forum it automatically transfer to https, so that looks like it's covered though. Not sure about other pages though, I can only see login page.
Take a look at this manual:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=555034.0

Regards your error, is your forum in utf8? If you open phpMyAdmin can you check the collation for the tables?

Edit: Sir Osis of Liver confirmed that the https is not problem in this case, as he can access the whole forum, so ignore that part :)

showngo

Looking at some of the formats in the mediaprocache.php, that might be from simple audio/video package

Sir Osis of Liver

Most tables are latin1_swedish_ci, two cleantalk tables are utf8_unicode_ci, overall collation is shown as utf8_unicode_ci.

- R. Waters

Dzonny

Well, errors like this are mostly caused by wrong collation, so converting to utf8 might help. Make sure you have working backup of files and database before doing that! :)
I have no other ideas what might be wrong though, you may pay attention when the error happen, what content is written in post, for example if there's audio/video, specific smiley, bbc tag or something else...

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: showngo on January 23, 2021, 03:37:03 PM
Looking at some of the formats in the mediaprocache.php, that might be from simple audio/video package

Confirmed.  Can you give me a link to something that's not working?

- R. Waters

showngo

People are getting "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again."
that is from https://weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?action=login2

Going from weaponsguild.com        clicking the picture and logging in  (How a lot of people get on without bookmarking,

Sir Osis of Liver

Dumping db.  Is there a connections limit?  He's got approx. 1150 guests + users on now, posts are being rejected.

- R. Waters

showngo

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 23, 2021, 03:53:10 PM
Dumping db.  Is there a connections limit?  He's got approx. 1150 guests + users on now, posts are being rejected.

Not that I know of,  We had 2098 active members on at one time when the site was taken over     no clue on guests     

Sir Osis of Liver

Putting you in maint mode, will switch to clean install.

- R. Waters

showngo

The theme (Prince of darkness) was a modified theme.  Even though it worked on Godaddy, if it's an issue now ill go with ambassador and be done with it.

Sir Osis of Liver

Back to production install.  Database is utf8.  Enabled force https redirect for domain.  Everything works for me.   Some of your users may have bookmarked ip url, or it's cached in their browsers.  Are you experiencing problems?

- R. Waters

showngo

Im running smooth other than that copy paste error sometimes in the Sub-Post .php
but that seems to be fixed as i just did it.   
I am not sure about others not being able to post though.

We just had over 1100 members on so I dont think logging in is an issue anymore

Sir Osis of Liver

Still logging referring url errors, those are usually bots unless you're getting reports of members unable to login.  I disabled forum caching and had to remove fulltext search index to run utf8 convrersion.  You can restore them, but let forum run a while to see if problems have cleared.  Don't think any of this is theme related.

- R. Waters

showngo

Right now it is running super fast. No issues on my end, Ill track user-posted complaints.

Sir Osis of Liver

Just added a redirect to .htaccess that redirects IP to domain.  Did the problems start when you migrated to WHM?

- R. Waters

showngo

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 23, 2021, 04:42:23 PM
Just added a redirect to .htaccess that redirects IP to domain.  Did the problems start when you migrated to WHM?

Yes,. Godaddy was straight Cpanel.
This one, is WHM that I need to use to access everything.

showngo

Hats off to Sir Osis of Liver.

King Arthur is sitting with his Knights of the Round Table, talking about hard times that have befallen the kingdom ever since the Black Knight stole the Singing Sword. He asks his knights—among them Sir Osis of Liver and Sir Loin of Beef—for a volunteer to get the sword back. The knights complain that the Black Knight has a fire-breathing dragon guarding the sword and is invincible.

He pulled the sword and slayed the forum gremlin.

Thank you greatly

Advertisement: