The user specified as a definer does not exist error message

Started by Comms Group, January 21, 2021, 06:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comms Group

One of our forums is showing errors which seem to have been caused by the hosting company making changes on the domain. I have fixed most by running Repair Settings, but a couple of error messages are still coming up

The user specified as a definer ('...'@'localhost') does not exist
File: /home/customer/www/inprowiki.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 546

It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.17, while your database is at version 2.0.1.

The message about the database version which does not make any sense because neither the database nor the software have been upgraded recently

----------------

UPDATE smf_members
SET last_login = ...........
WHERE id_member = ...
File: /home/customer/www/inprowiki.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 546

What can I do to fix this?
Thanks

Kindred

hmmmm.... I seem to be able to get to the forum login screen without error....
can't get past there, because you have guest access blocked.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Comms Group

Yes, it is a business forum that is only open to our clients.

I can set up a temporary account for you if necessary. Thanks

Comms Group

BTW, I have checked the settings.php file and the account that accesses the database (in that file) is different - and correct.

Sir Osis of Liver

There's at least a code error.  Seeing  ?>  upper left.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Comms Group

Thanks, that error has been there for a long time. It is annoying but does not stop anything working.

The error message we are encountering now has only appeared today.

Comms Group

If this is any help. This is what the error message is pointing to in Subs.php

542:      $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
543:         UPDATE {db_prefix}members
544:         SET' . substr($setString, 0, -1) . '
545:         WHERE ' . $condition,
==>546:         $parameters
547:      );

Kindred

the extra ?> is almost certainly due to either a bad template file or a bad language file...

please send me a login via PM. I'll take a look tomorrow.

(currently in the midst of transferring 3GB of a site plus a 4GB database from one host to another....)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Comms Group

Update - the database error has been resolved by our hosting company. Apparently they did something wrong when they moved the database. It has now been properly restored.

Kindred

Glad you got it resolved....    I was actually just finishing my paying job for the day and was going to take a look at your site.

Let me know if you still want me to check it out for anything....
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: