News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

turn off live announcements smf 2.0.18

Started by DarkAngel612, September 25, 2022, 01:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

https://www.thefantasiesattic.net/attic/index.php
Forum: 2.0.18
various mods

Finally got the forum moved to the new host and I swear...I never noticed this little red (!) at the end of some topics. clicking on it. Not theme specific. it also gives you this when going to its settings:

You cannot view this attachment. 

Can you tell me how to remove or turn this off or how to fix it. I assume only admins see it.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Illori

what mods do you have installed? one or more that put a topic on post moderation for some reason? you dont have it enabled in core features.

Kindred

The screen shot shows that you are missing the text strings needed for some mod
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkAngel612

Yes, that is gone Kindred. I have the same mods from 4ever it seems and before the move, the red exclamation never showed up, but that also may be why it won't update to 2.0.19 either. Claims there is something wrong.

Just in case I turned off Moderation, Administration, and User Logs, I have also turned it back on since it changed nothing. The only items selected are Calendar, Moderation, Administration and User Logs, Report Generation, and Search Engine Tracking.

Sorry, IIIori I had not noticed the image did not show up for the mods, I will try again...
You cannot view this attachment.

I could try uploading fresh 2.0.19 files to the server and see if it will upgrade. I have tried to run repair_settings tool.

I forgot to mention that for this forum we are running PHP 7.4
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Kindred

Yes.      Load a clean set of 2.0.19 files.
use repair_settings.php to remove any hooks.

Reinstall mods.

(there is no need to run upgrade.php, because there were no database changes between 2.0.18 and 2.0.19)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on September 25, 2022, 09:22:52 PMbut that also may be why it won't update to 2.0.19 either. Claims there is something wrong.

What was the precise error message when you tried to update your forum?

Also note, that if you have done manual changes to the files, they will be gone. You might want to backup first all the filees manually edited, if any.

DarkAngel612

ok Kindred, I will try to do that. I will do what I usually do when updating to a new version: uninstall all mods, remove the files from the server for SMF install zips [I always have the files on the server on my comp too for safety], upload the files [not the 2 Settings files], then run the installer or updater, then reinstall the mods. That usually works for most times when I upgrade.

Doug: I can't remember the exact error message because it was nothing like I have ever seen, it took me by surprise. It said something like: There seems to be a problem and the update did not complete.

The only way to get my forum back up was to install all the original files on the server. Usually, it says an error code or what it is that is wrong but not this time.

Thanks to you all, I will attempt it and then report back. I also meant to mention, this is the first notification I have gotten in a log time...LOL

DarkAngel612

Well popping in again to say that no matter what I do the red exclamation mark is still in the forums. Checking moderation shows nothing alerted.

Finally got moved to the new host and only smilies so far are not behaving in the admin area. I can't find anywhere to turn off live announcements.

Yes, I  totally uploaded the 2.0.19 full install package, then ran the mods with no problems to be seen so am still trying to make smilies behave and get rid of that red exclamation.

Updated mod list:

1.    Simple Audio Video Embedder    7.0
2.    Float BBCODE    1.0.2
3.    Join Reason    1.5
4.    httpBL    2.5.1
5.    Change All Subjects    1.3
6.    Advanced Contact Form    1.1
7.    PM Attachments    2.12
8.    Sorted Package Manager Listing    1.2
9.    SMF Staff Page    1.8
10.    Signature Area BBCode Buttons    2.0.3  --- have tried removing this one too
11.    TinyPortal    2.0.0
12.    BK Modding Disable Decrease Post Count Option    3.0

Modification Packages — Installed - Not Uninstallable (no uninstall section for this version of SMF)
   Mod Name    Version    
1.    Stop Spammer    2.4.0    
2.    Enhanced Dropdown    1.3    

Illori

Quote from: Illori on September 25, 2022, 01:59:06 PMwhat mods do you have installed? one or more that put a topic on post moderation for some reason? you dont have it enabled in core features.

did you check that post moderation is enabled? if it is not then going in the moderation center will not help resolve this issue.

Steve

Marking solved as the OP has been here several days after Illori's post with no feedback.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: