SMF Development > Feature Requests

Copy and Paste Images into Posts

<< < (2/2)

Dave En Velo:
I have just tried out vbgamer45's drag-drop-upload-demo and it contains the the kind of Copy/Paste functionality that I am looking for.  I Copied part of an image out of Photoshop Elements and Pasted it into a Posting with a few trivial clicks.  I was also able to reverse the process and select an image in the Posting, Copy it and Paste it into Word.

I assume this is a byproduct/feature of demo code to implement drag and drop of image files, certainly Drag and Drop of image files works fine.  I did try to Drag a selected image from Word and Drop it on the Posting but that just resulted in an empty outline in the Posting.  Frankly I was not expecting that to work as I am not sure what I expected.

I am currently a 2.0.17 user and I have been put off attempting to move to 2.1 because I didn't see the benefit to my users and the Release Candidate status was a concern.  However, if Copy/Paste of images is in the editor that's a real driver to upgrading, I will look out for this feature.

Thanks

Kindred:
It is unlikely to be a core feature

GigaWatt:

--- Quote from: Kindred on January 23, 2021, 09:07:12 PM ---There is already a mod for in line attachments, and it's standard in 2.1... but paste from clipboard? Nope...  not something that browsers or even social media sites do.
--- End quote ---

FB Messenger does... don't know about FB, haven't tried it.

d3vcho:

--- Quote from: Kindred on January 23, 2021, 09:07:12 PM ---There is already a mod for in line attachments, and it's standard in 2.1... but paste from clipboard? Nope...  not something that browsers or even social media sites do.

--- End quote ---

Yup, this is not true. You can do it in Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram, Discord... It's a fancy feature and it's very handy for when you take a screenshot and want to send that screenshot without having to save it to your computer. There are some programs that allow you to keep a screenshot in your clipboard, for example, Lightshot.

GigaWatt:
Well... seems like that joke about the user that tried to paste an image in a plain txt file isn't going to be funny pretty soon :P :D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version