News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Mod or setting to preview a web page's "in-line"?

Started by rcane, January 24, 2021, 01:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcane

I'm looking for a way to show a preview (perhaps just a small inline image) of the landing page of a link--say, for a news article.

Is that a feature somewhere, or should I be looking for a mod?

vbgamer45

That would be a mod.  Images of websites tend to cost money to generate thumbnails as it is resource intensive.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

rcane

Ok, makes sense.

I guess i'll have to just settle for reminding folks to use *url=www.somewww.com] A CLICKABLE WORD [/url]

Perhaps a mod exists to make putting a link title in a little easier for some folks.   Time to start searching.

Kindred

there is a mod called descriptive links  -- no IMAGE, but it relplaces links with the title value of the target page
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

Quote from: Kindred on January 24, 2021, 03:47:57 PM
there is a mod called descriptive links  -- no IMAGE, but it relplaces links with the title value of the target page
unfortunately the creator removed the download, it's a shame because it works pretty well....
there is this one though : https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=835
but I for some reason couldn't get it to work correctly...who knows, I probably messed something up somewhere  :P

rcane

the title link is nice.  you can just type, for example, www.weather.com and it will convert it to a hyperlink.

i couldn't get the convert_url.php to load up yet.

Advertisement: