News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Topic Solved mod resulted in no new posts allowed

Started by rcane, January 24, 2021, 02:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcane

I tried using topic solved (last version published) and it wouldn't work.

So I uninstalled it and removed it from the packages directory. 

Now i get an error that prohibits any board from posting a topic.  There are no options for topic solved in the boards / modify settings. 

This is the error

Field 'is_solved' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/mejilla1/public_html/sibionus.com/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1869

I need to get back, I presume, something it overwrote to bring me back to a full 2.0.17 install. 

help?

shadav

same answer as from the mod's support thread... you'll need to edit your database table for it

any other mods that you install that give the same error about not having a default value, you'd do the same....find it in your database and change default to null

usually you can find them either in the the topics table or the message table depending on the mod.

Quote from: shadav on January 24, 2021, 02:46:33 PM
Quote from: rcane on January 24, 2021, 01:57:09 PM
Using 2.0.17 and Ants Mutant curve theme.

Install was fine.  trying to post the first topic to test it and i get this error

Field 'is_solved' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/mydomain/public_html/mywebaddress.com/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1869

in your database find smf_topics and click on structure
find is_solved and edit it
change default to NULL and save

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The field is_solved needs a default value.

And shadav beat me to it :P
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

rcane

Yep, I needed to add that NULL value.

though, across any themes installed (all of them) the mod doesn't actually work for me.  I can post fine now--just no buttons for 'solved'.

Kindred

When you installed the mod, did you apply it to the additional themes?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rcane

rcane

Yes, I didn't have the theme's parent button checked off though some of the children were.

Seems to be working now....and thus I shall click your solved button as tribute.

Herman's Mixen

beter reverse the mod parser and remove it from your DB to be clean.. never understood while this is not done when uninstaling your mods :P
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Kindred

because many mods need to be uninstalled to be upgraded....
or maybe you're just uninstalling the mod temporarily....

How many screams would we hear if someone with a mod that has 150 settings uninstalled the mod to test something and then lost all the settings because of that?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: