News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

2.0.18 and php8

Started by planet9, February 04, 2021, 09:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

planet9

I am testing 2.0.18 on ubuntu 20.04 and php8 and it is looking fairly good. So far I came across some instances of "create_function" replacements that were missed.

I have 3 files that I've updated. I haven't submitted anything to the SMF github repo before.. is that the desired method to propose fixes?

For example:

Sources/Profile_Modify.php

Lines 183-186 should be replace with:

'input_validate' => function(&$value)
{
$value = $value != '' ? strtr($value, array(',' => '', '.' => '', ' ' => '')) : 0;
return true;
},

vbgamer45

There should not be able create_function with the SMF 2.0.18 package. Unless the install failed to modify in some places or if modifications to SMF used create_function in their coding.

2.0.x is not on github to the public. You would open a request in the bug reports forum.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

all of the instances that I found were due to older mods
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

planet9

Quote from: Kindred on February 04, 2021, 10:37:44 AM
all of the instances that I found were due to older mods

Good point.. thanks. I checked the SMF source and found no uses of create_function.

Though I suppose this topic might help others who want to move to php8 and have mods that are not updated yet.

vbgamer45

I would post in any of mods topics here to let the mod authors to post an update.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

planet9

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 04, 2021, 10:55:33 AM
I would post in any of mods topics here to let the mod authors to post an update.

Good idea.. thanks!

Pogo Stick

Sorry to hijack the thread, but just wondering if 2.0.18 is working OK with PHP if you're not using any mods?

Pogo Stick

Quote from: Pogo Stick on February 10, 2021, 06:20:22 AM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but just wondering if 2.0.18 is working OK with PHP if you're not using any mods?

I mean PHP 8.

8)

vbgamer45

It should work but not officially supported as of yet.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: