Question about automatic updating of theme thread OP's

Started by Antechinus, February 03, 2021, 06:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Something is bugging me. :)

The OP content for my Mutant theme has not been updated since February 27, 2020, yet here have been four separate updates to the theme itself, and the theme page on the Theme Site since then.

Why is the OP in he support thread not updating, and is it possible to update it?

I can't edit it in the thread myself, and it doesn't appear to be picking up content from the Theme Site. :P

Antechinus

Hey this is serious question, y'know. Any takers? What's the goss?

vbgamer45

I don't think the theme site has that feature. I believe only the mod site auto updates the thread.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Antechinus

Ah. Well in that case it's a bit of a pain in the posterior that theme authors cannot edit the OP of their threads. The Theme Site gives a link to the OP of the support/comments thread, but without the ability to edit it anyone looking for updates has to trawl through the entire thread.

Surely it would at least make sense to allow unlimited editing of the support thread OP, if recoding the Theme Site is too much drama (which I understand it may well be). That should be possible with group permissions, without it being too much of a nightmare.

Theme authors used to be able to edit it. There's an old example of me editing one about a year after it was originally posted. ;)

Illori

Quote from: Antechinus on February 06, 2021, 08:39:11 PM
Surely it would at least make sense to allow unlimited editing of the support thread OP, if recoding the Theme Site is too much drama (which I understand it may well be). That should be possible with group permissions, without it being too much of a nightmare.

the edit time is a global setting, not per group or per board. so it is not easy to make this change.

live627

Quote from: Antechinus on February 06, 2021, 08:20:41 PM
Hey this is serious question, y'know. Any takers? What's the goss?
🍌 :D

you telling me that the theme site hasn't received the same level of attention as thee mod site?? Shocking! lol

QuoteI can't edit it in the thread myself, and it doesn't appear to be picking up content from the Theme Site. :P
I'm pretty sure that the theme site doesn't auto update threads. I don't have access to site files nor its repository so I can't check.

Diego Andrés

No it doesn't but you can always do the David method and report your topic with the new content so we update it manually :P
Although this should probably be done in a new reply so we just copy paste it for you.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Advertisement: