Converting from vBulletin 3.7

Started by fortuitous, February 06, 2021, 11:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fortuitous

Hello. I'm trying to convert an ancient vBulletin 3.7 forum to SMF. I'm doing this on a disposable local ubuntu VM just to test the conversion process. I think I got it most of the way there...I have the current (stable) release of SMF running, I have the conversion tools installed and running, and I've gotten to Step 3 in the import: Main Conversion. Maybe I'm just being impatient, but it sure seems hung to me. It's been maybe 2 hours and there's almost nothing happening in top on the server, but maybe somehow it's still gnawing away at it. Does the conversion process get logged somewhere? I tried to look in convert.php, but I'm not that good at PHP and searching for 'log' didn't lead me close enough to a file path.

Thanks!

fortuitous

This is where it stopped:

Also, I just saw the vBulletin sub-forums. Sorry (I really did look around first!). Please feel free to move or whatever.

vbgamer45

If you visit your SMF board is everything there?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

fortuitous

No, there's no imported content at all. It's working, but it just has the default forum with the single default welcome post in it.

Advertisement: