hyperlink button gives different options for users versus admin

Started by rcane, February 10, 2021, 11:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcane

So,

If I'm logged in as admin and press the hyperlink button I get the BB code // to enter the link and/or make a title.

If I'm logged in as a regular user (I do that to test things) I just get "enter the link" and then the entire link is a hyperlink--no url tags and ability to make a title.

I have 'titled links' v1.5 installed, and it works great until I noticed it's not working greatly.

efk

[url] link [/url]

Something doesn't sounds right in your description. Can you upload screenshots?

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

maybe you have the wysiwyg editor enabled for the user account and not for the admin account?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rcane

Thanks for the link.  I'll move it over there, but these are the screens:

The admin goes right to BB code [url]; the regular user, the "paste a link".

Both happen when pressing the 'earth' hyperlink button.

rcane

Quote from: Kindred on February 10, 2021, 11:25:13 AM
maybe you have the wysiwyg editor enabled for the user account and not for the admin account?

Could be--if I knew where to check  :laugh:.  That hadn't occurred to me. 

Yep.  Reset the clock; put us at DEFCON 5.

Sir Osis of Liver

Would have been nice if, at some point in 2.0 updates, wysiwyg had been removed (along with admin db backup).

- R. Waters

rcane

You don't like the BBcode options?  Or, is there a smoother way to do it?

Sir Osis of Liver

Core wysiwyg has long been known to be buggy and is not recommended, it should have been pulled somewhere along the way.  It's been rebuilt for 2.1, haven't tried it.

- R. Waters

shadav

na the wysiwyg in 2.x is janky  :P (no offense smf)
2.1 fixes it but 2.x is just bugged/outdated/crappy (it's not just smf, it's like that on some other sites I've used), trying to use it will cause all kinds of errors
smfhacks has a paid wysiwyg to fix 2.x (from my understanding it's the same one being used in 2.1)

just disable the wysiwyg
admin > forum > posts and topics
Disable WYSIWYG editor

you'll still have the bbcode options without the wysiwyg not playing nice

see if that doesn't help fix the issue

rcane

How stable is 2.1?

I'm just getting the membership starting to come in; I'd rather risk losing some downtime now rather than later.

Sir Osis of Liver

It's still in RC.  I'm not using it on my forums or client forums.  You shouldn't have any downtime upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1 once it goes final.

- R. Waters

shadav

I mean...it's stable enough for an rc...but it is not a stable finally release....
there will be bugs and whatnots....
and there's no way to do patch updates in rc versions, so with each new rc release to update it you will lose any customizations you have done to the template and any mods installed....you will be starting from scratch each new update (all data will remain but no mods or theme edits)

and since it is still an rc, there are limited themes and mods available....

once it is finalized updating from 2.x to 2.1 should be simply enough

efk

2nd screenshot reminds me on vBulletin forum with WYSIWYG.

Advertisement: