News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Problems after upgrading to php 7.4

Started by mrsfalcon, February 15, 2021, 02:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsfalcon

I'm experiencing a number of problems after upgrading to php 7.4. Users are logging in and appearing as other users. SMF has identified errors in the number of replies, but when I try to fix them, I get the error "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: num_replies".

My error logs are also filling up with this error:
Trying to access array offset on value of type nullApply Filter: Only show the errors from this File: *path*/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 168

I am running SMF version SMF 2.0.18. Any suggestions?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Those would sound like multiple issues that actually shouldn't really be related to each other, or the PHP version.
Quote from: mrsfalcon on February 15, 2021, 02:02:25 PM
Users are logging in and appearing as other users.
Appearing how? Are they seeing wrong user information, or can they actually post as a different user?

SMF has identified errors in the number of replies, but when I try to fix them, I get the error "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: num_replies".
Can you check your error log, and see if there is a "more complete" error related to this happening?

Trying to access array offset on value of type nullApply Filter: Only show the errors from this File: *path*/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 168
Is that the complete error? What is actually on that line, or around it - Could you maybe copy lines 165-175 here between code tags?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

mrsfalcon

I wasn't able to make much traction, even after running repair_settings, so I created a new directory, downloaded a new copy of the latest SMF, and pointed it at the old database. This worked very well. I did a bunch of things in a very short period of time: moved to a new server, upgraded php, and upgraded smf, and I suspect that I had a file corrupt somewhere along the way.  Lex, I did try changing load.php as suggested on this forum, but that didn't help.

Bad part: unhappy forum members for the last day. Great part: Fresh clean install! I'm having one last problem but it isn't related to this, so I'll open a new thread if I can't figure it out.

Thanks and this can be considered closed.

Advertisement: