Smiley install - 2.0.18 conversion

Started by gstahl, February 15, 2021, 12:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstahl

Hi. We just converted a YaBB 2.6.11 forum over to SMF and I'm running 2.0.18 and the conversion and all posts and attachments have been perfect.

Today i have been trying to figure out how to increase the smiley pool for users to use in posts. We had a large selection on our yabb forum. I made a sub directory on our dedicated server in the smiley directory that holds the other subdirectories (eg, default etc) then copied all the smiley from the old directory to the smf directory that i made.

I went into admin and smiley and the package of smileys were there (codes, names, file names etc). I want to add them as a popup to the default smileys but when i did that the default disappeared but the "more" was there so when i click that a popup comes up and all default smileys are fine but the other are all broken but are listing in the popup. Seems like the code is not being decipherd for image display.

I'd like to have the default smileys show and a link to the popup show for additional smileys. How to do that.

gstahl

I guess I can assume this is not possible after 80+ views.?

shawnb61

Yes, you can.  You need to enable custom smileys under Smiley Settings.

You can choose whether a smiley is a 'default' one or is available on the 'more smileys' popup by editing the smiley & changing the location to 'Popup'. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Steve

80+ views does not mean that many forum members looked at this topic. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: