News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Htaccess problem

Started by 22wareagle22, February 19, 2021, 10:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

22wareagle22

Hello,

Would anyone be willing to help a newbie? Our forum stopped working a few days ago. I am a volunteer that completes secretary work for a breed club.

After doing some reading, I have accessed our error log and I have a copy of it available.

I also contacted godaddy and they said I need to "correct the .htaccess file as it is not redirecting correctly."

I do not know how to do that.

I have checked with our previous secretary and she said we have the version "SMF 2.0.5 SMF version: SMF 2.0.1.1."

Kindred

"down" is not really useful as a description.

if godaddy (ICK!) says the problem is with the htaccess, then go into your file manager and change the name to htaccess.bak
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

22wareagle22

Quote from: Kindred on February 19, 2021, 10:37:30 AM
"down" is not really useful as a description.

if godaddy (ICK!) says the problem is with the htaccess, then go into your file manager and change the name to htaccess.bak

Thank you for the fast reply.

I will try to find the htaccess file.

I also have the following error message.

[19-Feb-2021 15:48:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/abcwheaten/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php:58

22wareagle22

I tried that but unfortunately it did not work. Any other recommendations?

Kindred

ah yes, well, that's ANOTHER issue...    GoDaddy updated your php/mySQL and the version of SMF that you have does not support that version.   You will need to upgrade your SMF to 2.0.18

Given the state of your forum, you will probably have to upgrade the hard way and then reinstall mods after the upgrade
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Matthias

Quality first

22wareagle22

Thank you both! I appreciate the help Kindred. We followed your advice and now our forum is up (and 20 years of breeding/genetic info available again)!  :)

Advertisement: