News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Disabled BBCode, no effect, forum still parses BBCode

Started by Tripredacus, February 19, 2021, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripredacus

Forum version: SMF 2.0.5 (yes i know, upgrade, but I am not in charge of this)

In Admin CP, there is the section where specific BBCodes can be enabled or disabled. What I want to do is disable a few, specifically BR and TR (TD and table can go, doesn't matter). If I uncheck the boxes for BR and TR, it seems ok, but doing a test post, the forum will still parse these codes. It does this for admins, mods or regular users. I want to be able to type [ TR ] (without spaces) in a post without using codebox, but not disable BBCode for the entire post.

In my test post, I type this:

Text [TR]
Text [BR]

and submit shows as

Code
Code

and on edit, shows as:
Text [table][tr][td]
Text [BR][/td][/tr][/table]

I am presuming that by unchecking the boxes for br and tr tags in the admin cp, these tags should be ignored in posts (going forward), but it obviously isn't. So what files can I look at to actually disable these codes?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Interesting issue, have you tried emptying the cache? ( Just thinking, the setting might be cached. )

There is a different approach to that too, you can surround any bbc with [nobbc][/nobbc] to achieve what I did here. :P
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

I don't think that you can disable TR without also disabling table and td
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shawnb61

I just tried it, and OP is correct, the individual bbc disable flags do not work for these. 

Yeah, I thought the same about table/tr/td.  So I tested disabling all the table, tr, td, br, etc.  Same behavior.  In fact, I disabled all via the checkboxes & see the same behavior.

It's a bug.  Not a new one, either, as 2.0.17 behaves the same way.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Tripredacus

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on February 19, 2021, 11:43:03 AM
There is a different approach to that too, you can surround any bbc with [nobbc][/nobbc] to achieve what I did here. :P

This will work for me in the interim, but otherwise good to see I did find some bug.

Steve

Marking solved then. And consider the bug you found reported. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: