News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

recover email list user

Started by goldenstudios, February 19, 2021, 07:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenstudios

I have backed up my site with the user list how can I recover all the emails from my sql db backup to notify my users of the domain change?

vbgamer45

it's located in the smf's member database table in via sql
just
select email_address from smf_members;
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

goldenstudios

ok and then how can I recover only the mails? so that I can write to us?

Illori

why not use the newsletter feature once you have restored the forum and email all the users from there?

goldenstudios

because I don't have to restore the forum I just want to extrapolate the contacts from the db

Kindred

Vbgamer gave you the sql command to get just the emails
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

goldenstudios

Quote from: Kindred on February 20, 2021, 08:12:35 AM
Vbgamer gave you the sql command to get just the emails
yes but how do I extrapolate it to save my emails?

Kindred

the select will return a list of emails.  Ctrl-C to copy them and paste them into a text editor or whatever else you want to use
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

goldenstudios

I didn't understand the step to take

Illori

is your database backup existing somewhere in an actual database, or is just a file on your PC?

goldenstudios

I managed to extrapolate the mail and in a txt file on each line I put the mail, now how can I do to send a mass mail? I'm about 11k

Oldiesmann

You really aren't going to be able to email all 11,000 members at once. If you use the newsletter feature in the admin center you only have to type one message and it will use a queue to send messages to a certain number of users at a time, but this will still take a while.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

goldenstudios

Is it possible to send them with external online programs?

Oldiesmann

I'm sure there are options but I don't know what's available so you'd have to research.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

goldenstudios

there are many emails and mailing list systems are very expensive

Kindred

So,why not use smf's newsletter function?
Слaва
Украинi

goldenstudios

shadav

:o if you're not using smf....then how exactly can we help you....all we can give you is instructions for smf, unless you specify which script it was that you were using and someone knows how it's database was set up

and wasn't this for a pirated dvd site?

goldenstudios

no it's my blog / forum since I changed script I wanted to know how to export at least the contacts with smf

Dzonny

I believe you got all the info needed.
You just have to search for appropriate software for sending mass email. Do note that there's hardly one which will allow that much emails at once, but anyway..
We can't really help you much from here. You have a list of emails from SMF, now it's absolutely up to you to do whatever you want with it :) :)

goldenstudios

yes i have used gmail for 500 mail one day,,

Advertisement: