Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Can’t Upgrade

Started by burd, February 20, 2021, 11:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burd

Who'd a know'd the better

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It's most likely that some mod has edited that file, and simply uninstalling that mod temporarily would allow you to continue.
Other than that, for patches this applies https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

There's always the option of doing a large upgrade as well, but for a single error that shouldn't be necessary really, and would mean uninstalling all mods you may have at once.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

burd

Oldiesmann

We have no way of knowing that. Your best option is to install the upgrade then manually apply the step that's failing using a text editor. See the link that Lex posted above.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

shadav

Quote from: burd on February 21, 2021, 04:18:47 PM
What mod is causing it ?

if you post what it's trying to find and what you actually have....we might be able to tell you which mod it is....if someone recognizes the code

burd

Mick.

In Sources folder, find Subs.php file. copy everything and post it here (hopefully the character text is short enuff to post) using the bbc code when posting and we can tell you what's being modified. Or, upload a copy of the file in your post.

Mick.

I took a second look to the pic you posted; I think, I don't remember or i'm plain trippin' ( I only use 6 mods) but I thought that if you click on that line where it shows the error, it would show a window showing what's being modified. Or maybe the pencil icon on the far left?

shadav

Quote from: Mick. on February 22, 2021, 07:01:23 PM
I took a second look to the pic you posted; I think, I don't remember or i'm plain trippin' ( I only use 6 mods) but I thought that if you click on that line where it shows the error, it would show a window showing what's being modified. Or maybe the pencil icon on the far left?

yes if you click on the pencil icon it will pop up a screen and show what it is looking for and what it is trying to replace/add

will still need to see your subs.php file though to know what is different between your file and a default file and hopefully figure out which mod it was

Mick.

Quote from: shadav on February 22, 2021, 07:30:24 PM
Quote from: Mick. on February 22, 2021, 07:01:23 PM
yes if you click on the pencil icon it will pop up a screen and show what it is looking for and what it is trying to replace/add
I thought I had seen it before; but wasn't sure hehehehe, thank you.

burd

I clicked on the first and last error.   See below.

shadav

ah yes, that's from the open mod reports
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3666

in the upgrade install
find
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[ $context['menu_buttons'][$current_action]['active_button'] = true;

if (!$user_info['is_guest'] && $context['user']['unread_messages'] > 0 && isset($context['menu_buttons']['pm']))]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[ if (isset($context['menu_buttons'][$current_action]))
$context['menu_buttons'][$current_action]['active_button'] = true;

if (!$user_info['is_guest'] && $context['user']['unread_messages'] > 0 && isset($context['menu_buttons']['pm']))]]></add>
</operation>

replace with
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[ $context['menu_buttons'][$current_action]['active_button'] = true;
if (!empty($user_info['mod_cache']) && $user_info['mod_cache']['bq'] != '0=1' && $context['open_mod_reports'] > 0)
$context['menu_buttons']['moderate']['title'] .= ' [<strong>' .$context['open_mod_reports'] . '</strong>]';

if (!$user_info['is_guest'] && $context['user']['unread_messages'] > 0 && isset($context['menu_buttons']['pm']))]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[ if (isset($context['menu_buttons'][$current_action]))
$context['menu_buttons'][$current_action]['active_button'] = true;
if (!empty($user_info['mod_cache']) && $user_info['mod_cache']['bq'] != '0=1' && $context['open_mod_reports'] > 0)
$context['menu_buttons']['moderate']['title'] .= ' [<strong>' .$context['open_mod_reports'] . '</strong>]';

if (!$user_info['is_guest'] && $context['user']['unread_messages'] > 0 && isset($context['menu_buttons']['pm']))]]></add>
</operation>

or you could uninstall the mod, run the upgrade and then reinstall the mod

I had the same issue, and that's what I did above and it seems to work for me :)

burd

I can uninstall the mod, what mod is causing this?

burd

shadav

burd

I dont see I have that mod?

shadav

as it's only one line, maybe you did it by hand?
then again I could be wrong and it's a completely different mod that edits the same line....

can you upload your subs.php

Kindred

instead of messing around with changing the upgrade package, I recommend just changing the affected lines by hand, using human knowledge to determine what changes need to be made (machine matching means that the EXACT match must be found, while human logic should allow someone to find the correct area and make the needed modification on top of whatever was previously done.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

burd

shadav

in your hosting account go to your file editor
or use a ftp
go to your forum's folder
go to the Sources folder
find the file named: Subs.php

download that file and then attach it here

if I can see the code that you currently have, I might be able to tell you exactly which mod it is so you can uninstall the mod

Advertisement: