Uploading posts from the old database to the current one

Started by jsx, February 25, 2021, 06:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

Hi,

I had to restore a copy of the database. But this copy is from a specific time, but new posts have been added and now I want to upload to the current database those posts that were added by users after the copy was created. Which tables from the "old" database should I export and upload to the current database? smf_messages, smf_topics?

When I replaced smf_messages in the database in phpmyadmin, something is wrong, because these posts are not displayed, only other posts in place of these posts.

Please help me fix this problem.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It's not really as simple as just adding posts in there. What is it that you are trying to fix exactly, why aren't you just using the current database that has these new posts?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

jsx

We had two mods installed on the forum that redirect unwanted users to a different page. And something went wrong that could not log in, or the forum completely stopped loading. But before this problem occurred, new posts were added to the forum. And we wanted these forum posts. I restored the database from a copy from the server. I've loaded these two tables: "smf_messages, smf_topics" from this current database (with problem) and it looks like everything is fine. In Forum Maintenance> Find and repair any errors - there are no errors. I also used the function: Recount all forum totals and statistics

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

So, do you know what exactly went wrong, and do you still have that database from that time?
Did you try just uninstalling the mods?

I would think fixing any errors would probably be easier than trying to selectively merge two databases.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Dzonny

Yea, and there's no easy way to do that anyway..
Surely fixing the problem would be better approach.

jsx

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on February 25, 2021, 08:23:03 AM
So, do you know what exactly went wrong, and do you still have that database from that time?
Did you try just uninstalling the mods?

I would think fixing any errors would probably be easier than trying to selectively merge two databases.

I had this modification installed Redirect Banned Users and the second modification we have installed "Miserable Users" from SMFHacks. I have no idea why there was such a problem with the proper functioning of the forum. Yep, I have.

I couldn't uninstall the mod because I couldn't log into the forum, then the forum crashed and didn't load any more.

But as I wrote, I managed to fix the forum and I'm happy.

Advertisement: