Main Menu

Whats my next move ?

Started by rockhaggis, February 27, 2021, 12:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockhaggis

Hi all
Bit long winded Im afraid.
Have a hosting account with Ionos.
Had 3 domains each pointing to separate web sites/blogs/ forums.
On two i used SM to create blogs
Anyway because of covid and other issues, I overlooked a couple of payments until it was to late and lost the the two SM domains.
I have since repurchased one of the domains and pointed it as before and the SM forum works ( after a few updates )
I also bought a domain to point to the other SM forum as before but because the domain name is different , the installed forum although initially displays with a few warnings, all the links, show the old domain name in there link, so I get an error on pressing ( obvious really ) any way
Is there a way of resolving this issue without having to create a new forum for the new domain?

PS ... When I set up with Ionos a few years ago SM was preinstalled free on there servers. I cant see it now other than for use with their cloud x servers and then they charge.
So will I be able to upload  SM ... and run a set up?

Regards

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Check that all your url settings for the forum are correct.
What is repair_settings.php?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Mareid

I am hardly an expert, but I recently had experience with repair_settings.php.  I could not get it to connect (it looked like errors were resolved) until I actually changed the database password (thanks Sir Osis!) on the database itself and then ran repair_settings.  That worked.

rockhaggis

Quote from: Mareid on February 28, 2021, 11:59:43 AM
I am hardly an expert, but I recently had experience with repair_settings.php.  I could not get it to connect (it looked like errors were resolved) until I actually changed the database password (thanks Sir Osis!) on the database itself and then ran repair_settings.  That worked.
thanks that helped in so far as all the links and menus now work   but it still only displays in text form

I get this at the top of the page

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/15/d608163518/htdocs/www/cons/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/15/d608163518/htdocs/www/cons/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/15/d608163518/htdocs/www/cons/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/15/d608163518/htdocs/www/cons/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/15/d608163518/htdocs/www/cons/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/15/d608163518/htdocs/www/cons/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/15/d608163518/htdocs/www/cons/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/15/d608163518/htdocs/www/cons/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 252

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/15/d608163518/htdocs/www/cons/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 257

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/15/d608163518/htdocs/www/cons/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/15/d608163518/htdocs/www/cons/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 270

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/15/d608163518/htdocs/www/cons/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 273

rockhaggis

Quote from: rockhaggis on March 03, 2021, 02:55:59 PM
Quote from: Mareid on February 28, 2021, 11:59:43 AM

Ill try that .. ta

Advertisement: