Would like to send a nicely formatted welcome letter to newly registered

Started by Mareid, February 28, 2021, 08:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mareid

I've changed the text in EmailTemplates_english.php but I was wondering if there was a way to send an email with a lot more text (for example basic hints on profile changes and so on).  And have it formatted.  If it's not, I'd like to suggest smf offer a welcome letter form that can be modified through the Admin panel.  I've seen lots of requests for changing the welcome letter. 

shadav

not exactly what you want but you could install this mod
Extended Help

and then add the link to the welcome message
the mod needs some work but it's a nice starting point for people new to forums to learn

if you'd like to see a working example: shadav.com/forum/help

after searching the mod list found this one which might be what you are looking for
Email Template Editor
I may have to give this mod a try myself :)

Mareid

oooo...that looks just the ticket.  Thanks.  I will try it and report back.

Mareid

Doesn't install :(.  It says compatible with 2.0 RC...but we are way beyond that.  I'd already created a custom help board on our forum that details the most important things I want them to know, but getting people to go there is a losing battle.

Dzonny

Mareid

QuoteYou should be able to install it by activating version emulation
That actually worked quite well.  Formatting doesn't work, but plain text works perfectly.  Thanks for the suggestion Dzonny.  You have to pick the right email template, but once I got that settled it worked like a charm.

Advertisement: