News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0.18 clean install - want to be responsive for mobile users

Started by TheDragon, February 28, 2021, 12:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDragon

just spent the past hour reading all about mobile themes (going back years on this forum)
I want a simple solution - I have no mods (except added voting to posts)
and see soooooooooooooooooo many warnings about responsive themes with issues
so can anyone point me to a simple solution
thanks!

a10

Works very well, judging by the complete lack of complaints from members, many years in use.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

The responsive curve mod is decent....   but to get actually responsive,  you need a theme, not a mod.

I have used bloc's studio003 and alpha centauri  as baselines and modified further to get fully responsive.   Ant's mutant curve does the same thing for the curve design
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

There seem to be plenty of responsive themes around these days. Just off the top of my head, Mick and SychO have done several each. Most of the 'issues" with them are people wanting to do non-standard things, which are usually pretty easy to resolve.

TheDragon

too tired to do more custom work
so I took the easy path
works (ie good enough for now)
THANKS to ALL

Advertisement: