My forum started returning error 500 after I crawled entire forum

Started by Web Help Forums, March 03, 2021, 04:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Web Help Forums

Hi,

After I crawled my forum (not logged in) over night my forum now returns error 500

But if I request individual images the host/domain still works

My best (pure) guess is it is some kind database issue in a mod ...

Is there some debug functionality in SMF? i.e. a page I can install that checks/repairs databases ?

Just so I have a starting point of how to debug this

Web Help Forums

I have tried to repair/check/optimize all tables in phpMyAdmin - all looks good

I have tried renaming my theme folder to see if I could trigger another error, but problem seems to happen before then.

I have tried renaming my .htaccess to see if I could trigger another error, but problem seems to happen before then.

I have tried checking logs specific for that domain - last entry from yesterday and all responses are "200 - found" there

i.e. I would happy if I could get something working so I could start working my way toward something that works

My best guess is still some data maybe got corrupted triggering an error, but best way to find out would be to load forum little by little and see what checks out

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

HTTP 500 should leave an entry in your server's error log - Have you checked that?
HTTP 200 is not an error, and should be logged in the access log instead.

You could try emptying your cache folder manually, just delete all data_*.php files in /cache/
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Web Help Forums

The cache was the problem. Wiping the cache solved the problem! Thanks!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Great! There probably was some sort of server hiccup when you were crawling the forum, and something got cached wrongly and broke the functionality.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: