News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Post suddenly dead ?

Started by phoxim, March 06, 2021, 10:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoxim

hi there,
a post wich was reachable for days suddenly dies. when try to read the post you will end to "nothing". the member already started this post again. my question is how can I delete the "dead post"?

https://www.sfmforum.de/index.php?board=73.0
cklicking on "Action Figuren Catwoman Begonnen von loenf" you will end in this:

https://www.sfmforum.de/index.php/topic,43088.0.html

any suggentions please.

SMF 2.0.18

thnx
wolfgang

German Science Fiction Modeling Forum with SMF 2.0.18

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You could check your error logs on the server, and the individual post in your database, to see if there is something really wrong about it.
Or if you just need a quick and dirty solution, turn on quick moderation and delete the whole topic from the board index without needing to open the topic at all.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

phoxim

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 06, 2021, 10:53:20 AM
Or if you just need a quick and dirty solution, turn on quick moderation and delete the whole topic from the board index without needing to open the topic at all.

would do it. but how to delete a topic when I cannot click it. need more advice.
greets
wanna be wolfgang

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Check your profile settings.
Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout -> Show quick-moderation as: Checkboxes.
Go to your your board index, check the box next to the topic, and then at the bottom you will have options as a dropdown menu.
Select "Remove selected".

You should still consider investigating your logs, to find out what caused it and to avoid it in the future. 
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

I'm betting that someone put a large image in a post in the thread...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on March 06, 2021, 03:14:46 PM

as an attachment. if so then installing https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4111 will fix the issue.

phoxim

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 06, 2021, 12:10:14 PM
Check your profile settings.
Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout -> Show quick-moderation as: Checkboxes.
Go to your your board index, check the box next to the topic, and then at the bottom you will have options as a dropdown menu.
Select "Remove selected".

You should still consider investigating your logs, to find out what caused it and to avoid it in the future.

Thank you very much ! That solved the problem!
greets
wolfgang

phoxim

Quote from: Kindred on March 06, 2021, 03:14:46 PM

True  ;)

Illori

then you should install the mod i posted which can prevent this from happening in the future.

Advertisement: