News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Registration not working 2.0.18

Started by lather, March 07, 2021, 10:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lather

I have had no new registrations since upgrading to 2.0.18. I tried several test registrations and I get kicked back to the registration agreement page.

shadav

lather

Just 18 errors, all are for password incorrect for existing users.

shadav

any mods installed like stop spammers and ect? or email inactive users?

Maybe you are hitting one of their fields?

No database or critical errors in your logs?

shawnb61

Also - check the apache log, not just the smf error log.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

lather

Stop Forum Spam mod is installed but is not generating the errors it was before I upgraded. I will try to find the Apache error log.
The Apache error log has many errors dated todau mostly:
AHO01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/ridemsta1/public_html/index.php but NONE are from my PC's IP address.
In Registration settings I unclick "Enable Stop Forum Spam" and tried a test registration, same result.

lather

I am able to register a new user using the admin registration but trying to register as a guest still fails even after  I changed the setting to imediate.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

lather

Thanks for the suggestion. I am getting two errors when I try to uninstall Stop Forum Spam, ManageRegistration and Who.template
Not sure how to manually edit ManageRegistration.
My file has some additional lines in the  $config_vars = array(  code.
  I think I need to delete:
                        array('check', 'sfs_enabled', 'subtext' => $txt['setting_sfs_enabled_desc']),
         array('check', 'sfs_ipcheck', 'subtext' => $txt['setting_sfs_ipcheck_desc']),
         array('check', 'sfs_usernamecheck', 'subtext' => $txt['setting_sfs_usernamecheck_desc']),

but not sure about the '', just above it.

Sir Osis of Liver

2.0.18 core code looks like this -

$config_vars = array(
array('select', 'registration_method', array($txt['setting_registration_standard'], $txt['setting_registration_activate'], $txt['setting_registration_approval'], $txt['setting_registration_disabled'])),
array('check', 'enableOpenID'),
array('check', 'notify_new_registration'),
array('check', 'send_welcomeEmail'),
'',
array('check', 'requireAgreement', 'text_label' => $txt['admin_agreement'], 'value' => !empty($modSettings['force_gdpr']) ? 1 : $modSettings['requireAgreement'], 'disabled' => !empty($modSettings['force_gdpr'])),
array('warning', empty($agreement) ? 'error_no_agreement' : ''),
array('check', 'requirePolicyAgreement', 'text_label' => $txt['admin_privacy_policy'], 'value' => !empty($modSettings['force_gdpr']) ? 1 : $modSettings['requirePolicyAgreement'], 'disabled' => !empty($modSettings['force_gdpr'])),
array('warning', empty($policy) ? 'error_no_privacy_policy' : ''),
'',
array('int', 'coppaAge', 'subtext' => $txt['setting_coppaAge_desc'], 'onchange' => 'checkCoppa();'),
array('select', 'coppaType', array($txt['setting_coppaType_reject'], $txt['setting_coppaType_approval']), 'onchange' => 'checkCoppa();'),
array('large_text', 'coppaPost', 'subtext' => $txt['setting_coppaPost_desc']),
array('text', 'coppaFax'),
array('text', 'coppaPhone'),
'',
array('check', 'announcements_default', 'disabled' => empty($modSettings['allow_disableAnnounce']) || !empty($modSettings['force_gdpr']), 'value' => !empty($modSettings['force_gdpr']) ? 0 : (empty($modSettings['allow_disableAnnounce']) ? 1 : !empty($modSettings['announcements_default']))),
);

Backup file before editing.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

lather

OK, so I uninstalled Stop Forum Spam but registration is still not working, clicking register just send me back to the registration agreement.
I am thinking I need to uninstall 2.0.18 uninstall all mods, re run the .18 upgrade and re-install mods.

shadav

strange that there are no errors in your logs

what all mods do you have installed?

Are you sure that registration was working before you upgraded?

lather

I can't be certain when the self registration stopped because I manually register members who become paid members of our club but I know we had a self registration on 1-27-21 when we were at .17

MODS:
1       Google Member Map   3.0.6   
2.   SMF 2.0.18 Update   0.1.0   
3.   Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin   4.5.7   
4.   Replace Board Title With Image   1.4   
5.   SMF 2.0.17 Update   1.0   
6.   SMF 2.0.16 Update   1.0   
7.   Topic Viewers   1.0   
8.   Contact Page   4.0   
9.   Login Form Fix   1.0   
10.   SMF 2.0.15 Update   1.0   
11.   Profile Comments   2.0.2   
12.   SimplePortal   2.3.7   
13.   Ad Managment   3.2   
14.   Downloads System   3.0.1   
15.   Admin Notepad   2.0.2

shadav

from that list, I'm going to guess it's the tapatalk mod causing issues

lather

I was thinking the same thing. That last registration I mentioned was a spammer and he bypassed the admin approval by using tapatalk. I asked for help on that here and someone suggested disabling in app registration which I did.

Kindred

apparently, you disabled all registration. :(

Seriously, Tapatalk causes far more problems than it solves, IMNSHO
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

It could be useful to try to uninstall 2.0.18 and see if it works again on 2.0.17. If it does, double and triple check whether the patch is applied successfully by clicking on each test in package manager.

I have, on separate forums unfortunately, both Tapatalk and SFS mods working fine on their own with 2.0.18 and not blocking registration. I do not have the combination of the two I'm afraid.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

lather

I appreciate the support. I am no fan of tapatalk,  unfortunately two of our club officers love it.
If I resort to installing .18 is there anything I need to know?

Ninja ZX-10RR

It should just work fine... It would be best to try and understand the problem, or at least why it's happening :)

I am no fan of Tapatalk either, don't get me wrong :P But latest release fixed a whole bunch of issues it had.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: