News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Registration not working 2.0.18

Started by lather, March 07, 2021, 10:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lather

I recently installed the latest tapatalk but will check.
Btw, my forum name on my forum is Ninja Bob from when I rode an 84 900.

Ninja ZX-10RR

*lamps* Legendary GPZ, my father had one of those at some point, I have the 2008 10R road/track/mixed config as the username suggests :D

Yeah back on topic otherwise I get chewed at ;D Give it a try, they were all screaming on that Tapatalk forum until I updated it, then all feedback was positive so I assumed latest version to be decent (at last).
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

lather

Nothing I do is helping the registration failure. I have uninstalled tapatalk, uninstalled 2.0.18, re-installed 2.0.18. The next plan is to do a large update to 18 unless anyone has a better idea. Any suggestions appreciated!

Ninja ZX-10RR

I'd say do a large update indeed, try the registration and reinstall the mods. They're not too many so it will take you 10 mins more or less, there shouldn't be big conflicts and you will retain mod data so you won't have to re-configure all of them either.

If you want to play it super cool, after the large update, try to register after installing (almost) each mod (f.e. Google Member, contact page etc got nothing to do with registration so you could skip those tests). Bit more time consuming with this approach.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

lather

I am confused about the large upgrade, reading the instructions in the manual:
"The SMF upgrade archive contains all of the files that need to be uploaded to the same location where the current forum is located, and overwrite all of the existing files with new files." If I upload the attachments and avatars folders won't I lose all the users avatars and attachments to posts?

Shouldn't I skip uploading those two folders?

Kindred

you can skip those... or not -- because modern systems are smart enough that they will not overwrite a directory with a blank directory -- they will only overwrite the files IN that directory (in this case the index.php) which means that your users' avatars and attachments won't be lost.

but - as always, when doing mods or upgrades - BACK UP YOUR SYSTEM FIRST!
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lather

The large upgrade went without a hitch. I skipped the avatar and attachments folders and a quick check shows users avatars intact as well as
photo attachments.  I registered as a new user and that went well also. I will test again after each mod install. Thanks again for the support.

Onepoint

We have had this same problem

I couldn't uninstall stop spammer without errors, so went with fresh files through the upgrade which removed the install/uninstall errors but still have the registration errors. I did not remove sources or themes when I did it.

The only mods running are like posts, simple ads and stop spammer. Even with stop spammer uninstalled registration is broken.

the error log shows

"Database Error: Field 'ign_ignore_list' doesn't have a default value" when someone tries to register.

I tried to edit the php file from the thread on that error under the stop spammer support thread, but still no help.

The host did upgrade to MySQL 5.7, would that have caused this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kindred

so, you'll have to update the column in mySQL (using phpmyadmin) -- give the column a default value of NULL
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Onepoint

Thanks for the quick reply,

I guess I am confused, I should be looking for 'ign_ignore_list'?

I am not finding that in the tables in phpmyadmin, is the entire table gone or am I not looking for the right thing?

Kindred

it's not a table... it would be a column IN a table...   possibly the smf_members table?    you'd have to ask in the mod support thread to find out specifically.
Слaва
Украинi

Onepoint

Actually that helped, I found it and that was the problem, thanks a bunch, I have been pulling hair out with this thing.

Sir Osis of Liver

Or run this query -

SELECT table_name,table_schema
FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
WHERE column_name='ign_ignore_list'

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: