How to reduce the side margins in the Core theme?

Started by stray_tachyon, March 07, 2021, 12:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stray_tachyon

Hi, can someone please tell me how to modify the Core theme files to remove the side margins?
We are using 2.0.18

Also, the forum software seems to have problem with non-ascii (Chinese) characters in post titles

Thanks a lot

Steve

As for the characters, have you converted your forum to UTF-8?
DO NOT pm me for support!

shadav

sorry but I don't use the core theme it's the first thing that I do is delete it  :laugh: :P

but by side margins do you mean the width of the entire forum or what exactly?

for the width of the forum go to your admin then under configuration go to current theme
Forum width:
Set the forum width. Examples: 950px, 80%, 1240px.

if you mean something else it is probably a css setting, depending on your browser you should be able to right click the area that you want to edit and then click on inspect, this will bring uo your browsers inspect tool that will help you find which css element you need to change and in what file it is in.

Kindred

I think that the core theme might be fixed-width....   so, I'm not sure if you can.

Basically, the Core theme is a hold-over from the 1.0.x days....     I'd suggest getting a better theme that is better suited to modern screen design (and mobile devices).
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Admin -> Current Theme -> Forum width

Set it to 100%.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Steve

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

stray_tachyon

Thanks for the reply. I'll tell our forum admin

Herman's Mixen

depend on what you all want but mostly css and images
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Steve

Advertisement: