SMF Development > Feature Requests

Custom Board Icon option in Admin live link as in .createaforum has

(1/8) > >>

Bob Clifton:
As the topic says I would like to have in my sites I run simplemachines 2.0.18 a feature that is in the .createaforum software where I can just load a pic and it automatically loads on the board in place of the water balloon thingy.(thingy is not actual technical term but all I could come up with at this  posting) .

I was told at createaforum this patch would work but it does not and as I understand the documentation it is not what I want as you still have to make files and or folders and put your icons in it and so on and with the feature on .createaforums it loads within the forum without looping and jumping hoops around  which I just can't seem to understand how to do .
Mod that was suggested is
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=511
but not quite what is on .createaforum program and I can not get it to load anyway (says file is corrupt )

Here is a screenshot of the feature in the .createafourm forum I have.
Thanks for your help on this if possible .

Mick.:
There is a mod for 2.1 that does that. https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4224

Bob Clifton:
I have been trying to get this figured out for nearly a year ...lol
So this mod will put the feature I am talking about in the admin panel on the forum ?
I have a dummy site I can try it on and see I guess .
Thanks

Mick.:

--- Quote from: Bob Clifton on March 09, 2021, 11:20:13 AM ---I have been trying to get this figured out for nearly a year ...lol
So this mod will put the feature I am talking about in the admin panel on the forum ?
I have a dummy site I can try it on and see I guess .
Thanks

--- End quote ---
Yes.

Bob Clifton:
Well I downloaded the mod and  installed but it said the file was corupt sooooo I looked and apparentlly I had this mod already in a folder and when I loaded to my forum it loaded the new file which had an extra character to it as a copy I supose .
So i tried to load the one without the extra character and it says that it is already installed on the SERVER and I need to remove it before I can reinstall the correct one .
Am I to understand I need to go to my c-panel on the server and find this file and  remove it or quarantine  because it does not show up in the forum downloads  that are installed .
Don't you just love a Newbie ?
Guess I was just too excited .....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version