News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Board Icons live in Admin SMF 2.0.17 /.18

Started by Bob Clifton, March 13, 2021, 08:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Clifton

Paid Mod Request for SMF 2.0.17-.18

I posted my request in this Thread
HERE

I received a lot of replies but unfortunately none were productive for me .
So if there is anyone who can do this in a timely manner like the next month please contact me via p/m here .
Thank you .
If a Grasshopper Carried a Shotgun the Birds wouldn't Mess With Them

Steve

The usual procedure is for anyone who's interested to post here first, then you two would PM and do whatever you need to do.

And finally, come back here and update this topic as needed. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Bob Clifton

Quote from: Steve on March 13, 2021, 06:03:00 PM
The usual procedure is for anyone who's interested to post here first, then you two would PM and do whatever you need to do.

And finally, come back here and update this topic as needed. :)

Please excuse my error but I THOUGHT this was a Feature so I posted in the Feature category  first and a lot of people replied and now I am wondering if it is  a Mod since it does not exist in the SMF2.0.17 -.18 Software so maybe I need to look to see if there is a Software Integration Features Not in SMF  currently but are in the Createaforum software Category  .If it needs to be moved there please do so and thanks for pointing out my error .

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

Quote from: Kindred on March 13, 2021, 10:41:30 PM
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3604

Like that?

more or less...but they want the mod to also have an upload option on it directly in the admin on the board create/modify page
they don't want to manually upload the image via ftp or file manager and then put in the direct link or path....they want to be able to upload the image and maybe also have the option to use the url or file path....

Steve

Quote from: Bob Clifton on March 13, 2021, 07:20:22 PMPlease excuse my error but I THOUGHT this was a Feature so I posted in the Feature category  first...

You misunderstand me. The way you did it is fine, absolutely nothing wrong with it. I was merely commenting that instead of people PMing you first regarding THIS topic they would usually post first. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Bob Clifton

Quote from: Kindred on March 13, 2021, 10:41:30 PM
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3604

Like that?

Thanks for chiming in Kindred
Here is a screenshot of what I wish to have modified,new feature,category,thingamajig.
It exists in the .createaforum software and is a great tool for customizing a site where you want to place icons that pertain to the topic of that particular Board .For example if your Board title is Yellow Boats you can put an icon depicting a Yellow Boat just by editing it in the forums own admin panel using the feature depicted below in my screenshot .
I love the Free Createaforum software and use it for several sites however it is limited in your control as it is stored on their server and not yours where as some of my sites I own the .com to them and host them on servers I have access to .
Please see the illustration below . Thanks

Bob Clifton

Quote from: Steve on March 14, 2021, 06:14:16 AM
Quote from: Bob Clifton on March 13, 2021, 07:20:22 PMPlease excuse my error but I THOUGHT this was a Feature so I posted in the Feature category  first...

You misunderstand me. The way you did it is fine, absolutely nothing wrong with it. I was merely commenting that instead of people PMing you first regarding THIS topic they would usually post first. :)

You are Correct Sir I do misunderstand you immensely .It is kinda like the  verbiage in this quaint old Quote
(Throw the Cow over the Fence Some Hay)

This could easily be misconstrued to the point one would question whether the command was to have one pick up the Cow and toss it over the Fence and then proceed to feed it some Hay or merely just throw some Hay over the Fence assuming there is a Cow there to eat the aforementioned Hay. But I digress and being Left Handed and a Pilot of years gone by I tend do  things a bit different than some . No offense taken friend. ;D

shadav

to help anyone that is interested:

Basically what the OP wants is for someone to tweak this mod
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=511

to add the option in the admin (under forum > boards > add or modify) to be able to directly upload files directly, instead of having to place the url or path to the image file
(though they may still want the option to add the url or path, that I am not sure about)
and I think they want, if they upload an image that it will automatically set the url/path

hope that helps anyone who may be interested in doing this for the OP

Bob Clifton

Quote from: shadav on March 26, 2021, 03:09:45 PM
to help anyone that is interested:

Basically what the OP wants is for someone to tweak this mod
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=511

to add the option in the admin (under forum > boards > add or modify) to be able to directly upload files directly, instead of having to place the url or path to the image file
(though they may still want the option to add the url or path, that I am not sure about)
and I think they want, if they upload an image that it will automatically set the url/path

Yep Shadav this is what I would like to have in this pic. Thank you again for insight.

hope that helps anyone who may be interested in doing this for the OP

shadav

since you really haven't gotten any bites, I think this may help you out a bit more

post in the Help Wanted (not for support thread) https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=50.0

and post something along these lines

Subject: [Paid] Update/Add Feature to cbi v0.5 (Custom Board Icons) Mod

Message: I would like for the cbi v0.5 (Custom Board Icons) Mod https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=511 to have the option in the admin (under forum > boards > add or modify) to be able to directly upload files, instead of having to place the url or path to the image file
with the option to still be able to use the path or url for the image file
much like they have it over at createaforum (but they are unfortunately too busy at the moment to do this for me)

insert the image you have to show what it is you are wanting as an attachment

I think you would probably have better luck doing it this way....

also a side note, I'm not sure if you have tried but you could try asking Bigguy in the mod's support thread if he'd be willing to do this (paid of course), since he did create the mod: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=126263.0

Bob Clifton

Thank you Shadav .
Wording and proper categorical placement is important in all aspects and I am thus lacking apparently in all those fields of endeavor. However I  shall continue with due diligence to persevere in this matter now that some enlightenment has bboardecome available from you .
I have copied your suggestion and will post it soon in the aforementioned board.
;D

Advertisement: