News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

help

Started by mack420, March 15, 2021, 12:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mack420

QuoteDuplicate entry '25-pcomments_view' for key 'PRIMARY'
File: /home1/seffouli/public_html/forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 1320

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.18, while your database is at version 2.0.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

So, I was adding a new member group to my forum and after clicking the button to Add Group, I was taken to a page with the error above.

mack420

Ok, so apparently the new membergroup did get created as I went back to try it again and saw it was already there, lol. So I don't know why the error message showed up still, but I do have the group created.

Dzonny

Which SMF version are you using?
Some mods installed?
By any chance Profile Comment mod? https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=436

Edit: fixed link

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That would seem like a problem with the Profile Comments Mod, based on the "pcomments_view" part of the error.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Shambles

Please do try to use something more descriptive than "help" in the title. It's a poor way of describing your issue...

mack420

2.0.18 is the version of SMF I am using and when I upgraded there were no errors.

Yes, I have mods installed, just recently upgraded my profile comments mod to the current version compatible with 2.0.18 with no errors during installation.

Should I uninstall the mod?

And yes, I know the title help is very vague and I am not sure what the timestamp shows for you as to when it was posted, but it was late for me and I was not in the mod to think up a title when I described the problem perfectly in the message I posted. Titles are clickbait anyways, everyone knows that, so picking on someone over it is quite petty and childish as what you stated is a generalized truth, not a whole truth as again, I described the issue perfectly in the message body, no need to respond with rude comments.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you have that mod installed, then you can try uninstalling that mod, or you can ask for support to solve the error in that mod's own support topic.
Profile Comments

Quote from: norm on March 15, 2021, 10:57:43 AM
And yes, I know the title help is very vague and I am not sure what the timestamp shows for you as to when it was posted, but it was late for me and I was not in the mod to think up a title when I described the problem perfectly in the message I posted. Titles are clickbait anyways, everyone knows that, so picking on someone over it is quite petty and childish as what you stated is a generalized truth, not a whole truth as again, I described the issue perfectly in the message body, no need to respond with rude comments.
I agree that picking on someone for that would be in poor taste, but on the other hand a descriptive title will often help you get valid answers quicker.
READ FIRST: How to help us help you

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

mack420

I will probably uninstall the mod as its not a high priority to have in my site anyways, just thought it was cool, lol.

And as for the title, like I said, it was early in the morning, but late at night for me and considering how descriptive I was in the actual message, there was NO excuse for what was said to me about the title.

As I also said before, titles are clickbait, and maybe I am being a little presumptuous in thinking everyone in 2021 should realize that, but again, I was tired and described my problem perfectly in the message itself, so why wasn't that pointed out as well!?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Many volunteers providing support here will pick topics based on the titles, by either picking issues they are familiar with or simply ignoring titles that are like this one.
In that way, forming a descriptive title helps them help you, and also makes the topic easier to find should someone search for solutions to a similar issue later on.
Titles in the free media may be click bait, but we do not exactly encourage for that to become the norm on these boards.

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Shambles

I can't see any "rude comments" in my suggestion for a better title.

Kindred

Quote from: Shambles on March 15, 2021, 12:29:07 PM
I can't see any "rude comments" in my suggestion for a better title.

nope... none -- but only because you beat me to it. :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

a10

QuoteIn summary, when and if you do post, please make sure you include the following details:
A descriptive subject to your topic. "Help" (or similar) is really not good

From "READ FIRST: How to help us help you"

:O)

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

mack420

Steve

If you want to continue receiving support in the future it might behoove you to heed the advice regarding topic titles.

I take exception to your attitude and suggest you might consider tempering it some when requesting help.

Marking solved as the topic is going nowhere and your problem seems to have gone away.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: