Corrupt download of any converter

Started by Vlash, March 15, 2021, 05:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlash

Hello everyone, making a switch from phpBB3.2.2 and ran into a problem downloading the converter. I get a 0 byte file when I download. Even when I try the direct download link. Had a friend try and grab it for me and he had the same issue. Even tried downloading on my phone just and got the 0 byte file with just a message saying error downloading.

Figured I would report it, if anything else just to clarify it's just a fluke with me and my friend.

Edit: Sorry forgot to say I tried a few other downloads with the same results. It wasn't just the php converters I have the issue with.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Thanks! Confirmed problem. I'll nudge the site team about this.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Dzonny

Hello there and welcome to SMF community!

Thanks for the report, I'm gonna poke our server team to check on that.
In the mean time, can you try to use different browser, we had a situation where FF caused some files to be 0 bytes as well, so just to be sure.

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Dzonny

Confirming that it's working now on FF.

Vlash

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah I had tried firefox, brave, and chrome with no luck just to answer your question about using a different browser.

Of course I don't guess it really matters now since the problem has been fixed. :)

Thanks for the welcome, sorry for posting in the wrong section, and flad to help.

Advertisement: