News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Policies completely in html

Started by Matthias, March 17, 2021, 11:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias

In my privacy policy I need the following for Google Analytics:
onclick="alert(\'Tracking by Google Analytics has been deactivated in your browser for this website\');" href="javascript:gaOptout()"]Click here to deactivate Google Analytics

Because the policies (ACP > Registration > Privacy Policy" is bbc parsed, it's not possible to add this javascript.

In sources/Agreement.php around line 67 I found this:

if ($context['show_privacy_policy'])
{
// Have we got a localized policy?
if (!empty($modSettings['policy_' . $user_info['language']]))
$context['policy'] = parse_bbc($modSettings['policy_' . $user_info['language']]);
elseif (!empty($modSettings['policy_' . $language]))
$context['policy'] = parse_bbc($modSettings['policy_' . $language]);

I guess I need to change the "parse_bcc" to output the text completely as HTML. Does anyone have any idea how I have to change this so that it is output as HTML.

Quality first

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You should do that before they ever reach the policy, way before the policy, because if they are reading your privacy policy they are already tracked. The policy is meant to describe your data usage, not to configure it.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Matthias

Yes, I know, it is better to do this with a cookie notice. I have a simple note about cookies, but that's no longer enough. The ones to configure are all quite expensive, at least the ones I found.
Maybe someone knows a configurable cookie notice that is free.
Quality first

m4z

Create a page like "ga-optout.html" (maybe with basic SSI to have the forum header and footer), and then put the JS link in there. Link to that page from the PP via BBC.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Advertisement: