News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Strange Database Error

Started by matritte, March 18, 2021, 04:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matritte

Hey all, when I run routine maintenance I am getting this error: "Undefined type used in the database query. (inet:poster_ip)"
Routine maintenance doesn't fix the errors. They keep reappearing over and over no matter how many times I run it.

Do you have any idea why this would happen? It started after I updated my PHP files on the hosts' server.

Thanks!

live627

Can you please post the backtrace?

matritte

Quote from: live627 on March 18, 2021, 11:34:45 PM
Can you please post the backtrace?

How do I do that?

Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Oldiesmann

Click on "Backtrace information" in the error log entry (to the right of the URL)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

GL700Wing

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

matritte

Quote from: Oldiesmann on March 20, 2021, 11:48:49 PM
Click on "Backtrace information" in the error log entry (to the right of the URL)

For some reason I don't see that option. But I did find this in the error log:

Quotehttps://(site).com/index.php?action=admin;area=repairboards;fixErrors;a871b60=10cc087e2195cd781dba77aa02bc97e7
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Undefined type used in the database query. (inet:poster_ip)
Function: {closure}
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home2/(site)/public_html/(site).com/Sources/RepairBoards.php
Line: 407

Does this mean the error is with file repairboards.php?

shawnb61

When you say you updated the php files on the host's server... 

What exactly did you do?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

matritte

Quote from: shawnb61 on March 21, 2021, 11:22:53 AM
When you say you updated the php files on the host's server... 

What exactly did you do?

I downloaded the SM latest files, unpacked the files, and then copy/pasted them onto the server.

Illori

which version of SMF are you running?

shawnb61

^^^  What version were you moving from? 

What version were you trying to move to?

Did you run the upgrader?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

matritte

Quote from: shawnb61 on March 21, 2021, 11:42:55 AM
^^^  What version were you moving from? 

What version were you trying to move to?

Did you run the upgrader?

Thanks for the help so far.

It was 2.0.17 to 2.0.18.

I just copied and pasted the files. Is this the problem?
Can you link me to the upgrader if that's the way to properly install the files?

Kindred

Typically one would use thenpackage manager patch to go from one version to the next...    doing it like you did, by replacing all files will remove all mods....

The error you note is related to ipv6 ip addresses.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

matritte

Quote from: Kindred on March 21, 2021, 11:18:24 PM
Typically one would use thenpackage manager patch to go from one version to the next...    doing it like you did, by replacing all files will remove all mods....

The error you note is related to ipv6 ip addresses.

Thanks. Do you know how to fix the IPV6 issue?

I don't use any mods, so that part isn't an issue. But I wonder if an old mod's code is lingering and causing this problem? How would I manually delete mods on my server?

Thanks!

matritte

Does anyone think they can fix this for me? I'm willing to pay a few bucks. PM me what you'd charge to go into the database and resolve the issues.
Thank you.

Illori

SMF 2.0 does not officially support ipv6. there is a mod you can install but i dont know if it is up to date and if it still works.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

matritte

Thanks, guys. I'm afraid to install that as it might break my forum.

I think I would like to hire someone to look into the issue and fix it. Is there a forum section to do that?

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

m4z

Quote from: matritte on March 21, 2021, 11:34:15 AM
I downloaded the SM latest files, unpacked the files, and then copy/pasted them onto the server.

What exactly do you mean by this? FTP/SSH? Or does your hosting provider offer some kind of web-based "file editor"?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

matritte

Quote from: m4z on March 29, 2021, 01:22:35 PM
Quote from: matritte on March 21, 2021, 11:34:15 AM

What exactly do you mean by this? FTP/SSH? Or does your hosting provider offer some kind of web-based "file editor"?

The forum files are all in a folder. So I just deleted the old ones that were in there except for one (I think settings.php I left on someone's recommendation), and then pasted the new ones.

m4z

Ok, so you are not pasting file contents; you're talking about some kind of graphical/web-based (Windows-Explorer-like) file transfer client, where you ctrl-v'ed the files into?
--Homer Simpson

matritte

Quote from: m4z on March 30, 2021, 12:57:32 PM
Ok, so you are not pasting file contents; you're talking about some kind of graphical/web-based (Windows-Explorer-like) file transfer client, where you ctrl-v'ed the files into?

Yes, exactly.

You can upload them to the server via FTP, or you can just copy and paste the files. Someone told me not to paste one of the files (I think it was settings.php), so I'm wondering if there is something in that file causing this issue.

m4z

Quote from: matritte on March 30, 2021, 03:09:37 PM
You can upload them to the server via FTP, or you can just copy and paste the files.

Thanks for clarifying; I'd just call that "copying" because "pasting" always has a ring of "text in a file" to me.

Quote from: matritte on March 30, 2021, 03:09:37 PM
Someone told me not to paste one of the files (I think it was settings.php), so I'm wondering if there is something in that file causing this issue.

The main reason is that this is part of your forum config, and the one from the archive is a generic one, without your forum's settings. (The settings file stores your database connection details, for example.)
It might still be that your problem might be related to config problems, but currently it sounds more like a code bug.

Edit: If I understand correctly, this was confirmed as a bug in our internal bug tracker, so a fix will probably be in the next release.
--Homer Simpson

Advertisement: