News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Strange Database Error

Started by matritte, March 18, 2021, 04:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m4z

Ok, so you are not pasting file contents; you're talking about some kind of graphical/web-based (Windows-Explorer-like) file transfer client, where you ctrl-v'ed the files into?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

matritte

Quote from: m4z on March 30, 2021, 12:57:32 PM
Ok, so you are not pasting file contents; you're talking about some kind of graphical/web-based (Windows-Explorer-like) file transfer client, where you ctrl-v'ed the files into?

Yes, exactly.

You can upload them to the server via FTP, or you can just copy and paste the files. Someone told me not to paste one of the files (I think it was settings.php), so I'm wondering if there is something in that file causing this issue.

m4z

Quote from: matritte on March 30, 2021, 03:09:37 PM
You can upload them to the server via FTP, or you can just copy and paste the files.

Thanks for clarifying; I'd just call that "copying" because "pasting" always has a ring of "text in a file" to me.

Quote from: matritte on March 30, 2021, 03:09:37 PM
Someone told me not to paste one of the files (I think it was settings.php), so I'm wondering if there is something in that file causing this issue.

The main reason is that this is part of your forum config, and the one from the archive is a generic one, without your forum's settings. (The settings file stores your database connection details, for example.)
It might still be that your problem might be related to config problems, but currently it sounds more like a code bug.

Edit: If I understand correctly, this was confirmed as a bug in our internal bug tracker, so a fix will probably be in the next release.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Advertisement: