"You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings." After Registering

Started by Biology Forums, April 30, 2021, 07:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Hello,

When members register, they are greeted with this error.

QuoteYou were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings.

Interestingly, they do get registered into the database, but do not get logged-in -- no activation is required on my website.

I've tried multiple things, including disabling and enabling local and global cookie settings, deleting browser cache, etc.

The same server has another SMF 1.x installed, but the registration works as normal.

Any suggestions?

Kindred

Given that 1.1.x is well past End of Life and we no longer support it.... the only real answer is... please upgrade to a supported version
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Biology Forums

😆 The upgrade police arrives just in time.

Thanks for nothing... Also, if that's your go-to response for all 1.x inquiries, you're better off removing the board completely.

Peace ✌

Sir Osis of Liver

This board remains active basically to assist forum owners with upgrading from obsolete, unsupported branch of SMF.  It's the best advice we can give you.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: