2.0.17 instead of .18 ?

Started by aegersz, March 24, 2021, 10:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Due to my 100's of mods, 2.0.18 is quite difficult.

Can I stay on .17 ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Sir Osis of Liver

Sure you can, one of my production forums is still at .17.  I've been too lazy busy to upgrade it, requires quite a few manual edits.  The big thing in .18 is support for php 7.4, but you should be able to use a lower version (I'm in 7.2) if you're on a decent host.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Steve

Quote from: shawnb61 on March 24, 2021, 10:47:23 PM
No.

Short and to the point. lol

Shawn is a developer so of course he wants you on the latest version with it's improvements and security fixes. It is always highly recommended that forum owners upgrade to the latest version as you know from being a long-time member here.
DO NOT pm me for support!

aegersz

Indeed, i get it.

to get the install to work on my system:

1. Need to permanently uninstall Automatic Attachment Rotation 3.8 as it won't go back on after 2.0.18 as the Post and PM Inline Attachments mod is too difficult to remove now. The newer mod also resizes now but there is a separate mod for that installed anyway. I don't really need the mod anyway.

2. Changes to ./Sources/Subs.php:

find:
        $context['menu_buttons'][$current_action]['active_button'] = true;
        if (!empty($user_info['mod_cache']) && $user_info['mod_cache']['bq'] != '0=1' && $context['open_mod_reports'] > 0)
                $context['menu_buttons']['moderate']['title'] .= ' [<strong>' .$context['open_mod_reports'] . '</strong>]';

if (!$user_info['is_guest'] && $context['user']['unread_messages'] > 0 && isset($context['menu_buttons']['pm']))
        {
                $context['menu_buttons']['pm']['alttitle'] = $context['menu_buttons']['pm']['title'] . ' [' . $context['user']['unread_messages'] . ']';
                $context['menu_buttons']['pm']['title'] .= ' [<strong>' . $context['user']['unread_messages'] . '</strong>]';
        }

replace:
        $context['menu_buttons'][$current_action]['active_button'] = true;

if (!$user_info['is_guest'] && $context['user']['unread_messages'] > 0 && isset($context['menu_buttons']['pm']))
        {
                $context['menu_buttons']['pm']['alttitle'] = $context['menu_buttons']['pm']['title'] . ' [' . $context['user']['unread_messages'] . ']';
                $context['menu_buttons']['pm']['title'] .= ' [<strong>' . $context['user']['unread_messages'] . '</strong>]';
        }

if (!empty($user_info['mod_cache']) && $user_info['mod_cache']['bq'] != '0=1' && $context['open_mod_reports'] > 0)
                $context['menu_buttons']['moderate']['title'] .= ' [<strong>' .$context['open_mod_reports'] . '</strong>]';

3. Run the 2.0.18 update

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: