Connection Problems (Unable to connect to the database)

Started by Macostick, March 30, 2021, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macostick

Hi
I have a little problem, I try to install SMF on install.php but it cannot connect to the database.

However the user information is correct, I have tried many times with several accounts.
The mysql accounts have all the privileges

with localhost or 127.0.0.1 it doesn't change anything
I also tested with two different databases

I can login with my accounts and go to DBs with mysql, I don't understand why it doesn't work with SMF ...

I tried repair.settings, followed the recommendations but nothing changes.

I also check if no harbor was on that of MySQL and there is nothing that occupies this port

Config: debian 10, Nginx 19.8 and the latest mysql version.

Error message :

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Could anyone help me please

Sir Osis of Liver

Some hosts require an absolute path to server, localhost won't work.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Macostick

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on March 30, 2021, 11:36:01 PM
Some hosts require an absolute path to server, localhost won't work.

Hi Sir Osis of Liver !

Ok in repair_settings.php so I change in MySQL Database Info the server I remove localhost and replace with 127.0.0.1

And in Paths & URLs in Forum URL I put the link and in forum directory I tried

/var/www/html/index.php
/var/www/html/
/var/www/html

It had no effect

I don't know at all where this problem can come from :/

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

a10

Can only say that on my setup neither localhost nor 127.0.0.1 works, needs exact hostname as indicated by host f.ex. mydomain.com.mysql

I'd contact the host and get them to confirm hostname, username, password, database name\location\prefix\whetever. If it then still does not work, any decent support will be able to quickly identify problems \ provide the working fix.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: