Server move created two upgrades

Started by Blade~, April 01, 2021, 03:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade~

Somehow moving our forum to a new server created two instances of 2.0.16 in package manager and now forum shows version 2.0.15 on bottom and also recommends installing 2.0.16 even when it's there twice. Is there a way to remove one of these instances? I only see a 'delete' option but not uninstall. Thank you!

*Update: I found the uninstall option but says 'This package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!'.  :-[
'Do nothing and there is nothing that's not done' - Lao Tzu

Running SMF 2.1.4
PHP version: 8.1.16

Sir Osis of Liver

Server move shouldn't cause that.  Which version is shown in index.php?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Blade~

... yeah I think I messed up something during the move but not sure exactly what it was.

Running SMF 2.1.4

Kindred

Well, the simple fix is tomuse the large upgrade archive and overwrite all of your files with 2.0.18, and then reinstall your mods
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Blade~

That worked, I wiped everything and reinstalled clean 2.0.18 then added the existing DB back again, all is up and running! Thnx all for the help!

Running SMF 2.1.4

shadav

you'll still need to reinstall any mods that you were using as mods also edit or add files not just add to the db

Advertisement: