News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Allowing Guests to Change Theme?

Started by dcr7, April 05, 2021, 01:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcr7

Hello,

Is there a way to allow guests to change the theme?  I'm thinking that, in terms of WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 accessibility standards, allowing guests a choice of themes might help them find a theme that works best for their device.

Haven't seen a setting or a mod that would allow guests an option.  Of course, I could be completely missing it and the option is a box I haven't checked somewhere.

Thanks!

Gary

There isn't one that strictly allows it to actually stick because there's no way to actually save their selection (it'll remain in use until the guest leaves the site by closing the browser), but as long as theme selection is actually an option then using http://your-forum-address-here.tld/index.php?theme=[THEME ID] then they can access the extra themes.

You could integrate the links into the themes themselves directly if you wish, so people can click them to change over.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

dcr7

Quote from: Gary on April 05, 2021, 02:13:24 PM
There isn't one that strictly allows it to actually stick because there's no way to actually save their selection (it'll remain in use until the guest leaves the site by closing the browser), but as long as theme selection is actually an option then using http://your-forum-address-here.tld/index.php?theme=[THEME ID] then they can access the extra themes.

You could integrate the links into the themes themselves directly if you wish, so people can click them to change over.

Cool.  Thanks!

Speed King

Another variant to allow guests to change forum theme is by using some portal feature.
If you install TinyPortal or EzPortal, you can enable 'Theme selector' block and then each registered user or guest can change the theme.

Advertisement: